Old TV Shows


Our eldest daughter

This is a post I started on the 12th October, after meeting Caroline. My daughter said I could have taken another picture, but here we are. She was getting out of the way so I could take a photo of the dog in the sandpit.

Caroline and I also share a love for old TV shows. Please see her Skippy post and her earlier posts of her daughter who is the same age as mine.

Here is a list of TV shows I put together on the 12th. I will chose one to find in youtube.

I did watch a lot of TV I decided. But I spent at least an equal amount of time outside. I was wondering how I could do both. Here is a couple of explanations. Firstly, I loved feeding out cows in winter. Of my brother and I and my two cousins, I was more likely to be found feeding out cows with my Dad and uncle. We left at 7am so I wasn't missing any TV!

Also on Saturday's TV came on at 4pm, and on Sunday there was only Aussie Rules Football. It is shaped a little like a gridiron ball. I watched that show though.

Some of the outdoor activities I did were helping tail lambs, swimming in the river, following our sharefarmer's son to the seedbeds at night to cover them up, walking around the fine dirt at tobacco planting time, lots and lots of things.

The Monkees
David Cassidy The Partridge Family





My Three Sons
My Favourite Martian
The Brady Bunch
The Waltons
Little House on the Prairie
Andy Pandy
Bill and Ben
Adventure Island
Gilligans' Island already mentioned
Betwitched already mentioned
The Young Ones already mentioned
Addams Family
The Beverly Hillbillies
Batman
The Dick Van Dyke Show
Doctor Who
Doris Day Show
F Troop
Family Affair
The Flinstones
Flipper
The Flying Nun
Get Smart
Gidget TV Show
Gomer Pyle USMC
Green Acres
Mister Ed
Frances The Talking Mule
Hogan's Heroes
I Dream of Jeanie
Abbot and Costello
Jerry Lewis
Charlie's Angels
The Jetsons
Zorro
The Lucy Show
Marcus Welby
McHale's Navy
Sesame Street
Tarzan
The Muppet Show
Mary Tyler Moore Show
Upstairs, Downstairs
Six Million Dollar Man
Soap
Rhoda
Saturday Night Live
Donny and Marie
Laverne and Shirley
There are Dukes of Hazard and other 70s shows as well.

Let's not forget those ads with lemons in them, You know you are soaking in it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
BWAAAAHHAHAHAHA!!!
Gosh darn but that list made me feel old!
You could say almost all of those shows to someone under the age of 25 and they wouldn't a clue as to what you were talkin' about!
I like the black and white Andy Griffth shows best!
Course when I was little, I liked Capn' Kangaroo and Romper Room!
And the Ed Sullivan Show on Sunday nights!!
And The Rifleman...and...Mr. Ed...and...Green Acres..yeah, I guess I wathced alot of TV too!!!
Leaon Mary said…
WOW WHAT A BLAST FROM THE PAST!
I can HEAR the partridge family... and my mind is flooded with memories from back in the dAY!
Makes me miss the simpler times.
Thanks for the smile!
Lea
ps. Hope you don't mind but I added quite a few people to your hot blog award! Once I started I couldn't stop! Well, I coulda but it woulda broke my heart! Thanks again!!
Tilly said…
I remember some of these shows. My absolute favourite would have to be The Muppet Show! We still watch muppet movies whenever they are on the tv.
JGH said…
What a fun post and definitely brought back memories for me. David Cassidy was something else, huh? My best friend growing up had a huge crush on his brother Shaun. I was in love with Scott Baio from Happy Days. I grew up with lots of the shows that you list.

For Little House on the Prairie, I put on my special calico and gingham pajamas that looked just like the dresses they wore.

The hours we spent pretending to be Samantha in Bewitched or Jeannie in I Dream of Jeannie. Yikes, I'm just getting started!
:-)

Popular Posts