Simple Woman's Daybook ~ November 3


FOR TODAY Sunday...

Outside My Window... a lovely spring day

I am thinking... about possibilities if my husband's job is taken from him next week, he would have a year to find a new one somewhere in the State

I am thankful for...
good, what I think is sensible, news

From the kitchen... pancakes that my daughter had for breakfast

I am wearing... I had a sleep-in and one of the left-over pancakes, and I am still in my night clothes

I am creating...
I think a proper Christmas list from the ones the kids gave me

I am going... to get my car's air-conditioning fixed, but have another week to go yet

I am reading... the end of Emilie Richards The Wedding Ring

I am hoping... that I haven't disturbed the ballet class too much, I let my daughter go on a holiday and didn't know she was supposed to be at ballet today

I am hearing... a small amount of noise from an electronic game, my older children were very persuasive when we first got these

Around the house... we still haven't moved our second table back to our new house, things are a little cramped, but not too annoying

One of my favorite things...
my new rose garden at the new house

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: just monitoring the job situation, and getting the air-conditioning fixed, which may mean shuffling my usual routine to make sure we can pay for it on the right day, and fit everything else around it, timewise

Here is picture thought I am sharing... since taking a photo of the first poppy that came out for my Remembrance Day post, it has gone wild. Only one plant survived from the punnet, but what a blessing. Imagine if there were more, you would be able to see them from a mile away.

Comments

Tania said…
Good day Linda,

I will thinking of you this week and hoping you receive good news regarding your husbands employment.

Those poppy's look lovely, great that they flower just in time for Rememberance day. I guess that's why they use that poppy as a icon to remember the many, many that died. I have a few ancesters that died in the first world war, as you probably do also. I went to the war memorial in Canberra and found my ancestor in the wall of rememberance, brought tears to my eyes.

Have a Blessed Sunday,

Tania
Leaon Mary said…
Hi Linda,
I was reading your blog tonight and just want you to know I pray all will be well with your husbands job.
Also, your flowers are beautiful... POPPIES are one of my very favorites and those red ones are gorgeous!
lea
Tilly said…
I love your poppies. I will be doing a rememberence post about my great uncle who was killed in France. I will be keeping my fingers crossed regarding your husband's job situation.

Popular Posts