Fall Into Reading Wrap-Up


Winter is just about to start in the US, which means time to do my roundup for my Fall Into Reading. It is still like spring weather here, rather than summer weather. Here is the original sign-up at Callapidder Days.

Write a wrap-up post in December, letting us all know how you did, whether or not your reached your goals, which books you loved (or hated), etc.

Here is a post about the wrap-up.

What was your favorite book that you read this fall? Least favorite? Why?
Did you discover a new author or genre this fall? Did you love them? Not love them?

I think I would have to say that I have a new respect for contemporary novels.

Books I had already read before I joined up late, still within the timeframe:

Laura by Donald Zochert
The Shunning by Beverly Lewis
Across The Years by Tracie Peterson,
Santuary by Beverly Lewis,
Daughter of the Loom by Tracie Peterson
Wedding Ring, Emilie Richards
The Confession, Beverly Lewis
The Reckoning, Beverly Lewis

Books I had hoped to read:

Yellow Rose Bride by Lori Copeland, no didn't read it, the first few pages where too much for me.
Rush of Wings by Kristen Heitzmann, finished.
Fancy Pants by Cathy Marie Hake, don't think I read it.
Virgin of Small Plains by Nancy Pickard, took back, sorry.
King Solomon's Mines by H Rider Haggard, returned.
Parting Glass by Emilie Richards, returned I think unread.
Amethyst, Lauraine Snelling, not read yet.
Saturday Morning, Lauraine Snelling, loved it.
Rivers of Gold, Tracie Peterson, loved it.
Honorable Imposter by Gilbert Morris, returned unread.
A Touch of Grace, Lauraine Snelling, not read
Sophie's Dilema, Lauraine Snelling, not read
The Parting, Beverly Lewis, not read
The Forbidden, Beverly Lewis, not read
October Song, Beverly Lewis, not read.
Anne of Green Gables, not read yet.

My accidental book reviews: Fool's Puzzle by Earlene Fowler.

In the comments section of my post I mentioned:

Believing The Dream, Lauraine Snelling, unread
More Than A Dream, Lauraine Snelling, unread
A Dream To Follow, Lauraine Snelling, reading
Touching Stars, Emilie Richards (read),
Sister's Choice, Emilie Richards (read)
& Lover's Knot, Emilie Richards (read).

Here is some information about Saturday Morning.

This is another decluttering novel. It also brings up issues to do with usefulness after a certain age with women.

The book has a part about thankfulness. It talks about the couple having two houses.

I have two houses, and at times try not to get distressed about any decision I may have to make which is what the lady in the story's problem is. Her husband wanted to move to San Francisco and she wanted to stay in her home. She was learning to be thankful for the good and bad things.

So I think that means I read fourteen novels during the time of Fall Into Reading and have some novels to go on with. I read six after I joined up during Fall Into Reading.

Comments

Just Mom said…
Congratulations on what you accomplished with the challenge!
SmilingSally said…
You've done an admirable job. Here's my wrap-up post:

http://bookcritiques.blogspot.com/2008/12/fall-into-reading-2008-wrap-up.html
Beth F said…
You got a lot of reading done this fall!

I wrote my wrap-up post last month here.
Nise' said…
Great job! Need to check out Lover's Knot by Emilie Richards, loved the other two!
Fourteen novels during the fall is excellent. Great job! Thanks for joining us!
Robin M said…
You managed to read alot. I like Tracie Peterson. I enjoyed her Alaskan quest series. Fancy Pants is very good. Hopefully you will get a chance to read it.

Robin
Linda said…
I loved the Alaskan quest series, I feel I learn things from Tracie Peterson too.

Popular Posts