A Day in My Life


Boy, where did January go. I will put a mark on my calendar now for February's post. Imagine that, it will be Valentine's Day then.

It is so hot here, since I sat down at the computer to write I have come out into a sweat. 34.2oC or 93.5oF inside at 5pm. It may cool down soon outside, or be like last night and cool down late.

I checked outside, it felt cool for a second, but it was actually still a hot wind. Earlier on in the day I had checked outside for parcels and found two sitting in the sun!

My husband and second son had driven to our new to us house and I had to call them to see if the game that our eldest had posted could be damaged from the heat. My other parcel in one of those plastic bags had stuck to the verandah.

Today was a good day because after about a week of trying my husband was able to buy the dog some bones. He seems to have been quiet and happy all day, last night he was starting to be naughty. Check out his innocent face.

I have been looking after the three girls after doing my blogging early. I had gotten up early and that seemed to help, because it is not fun when you can't blog!

I had some meat and wholemeal bread sandwiches for lunch. I haven't had a cup of tea. Last night I asked hubby to take out a 2 litre container of frozen water from the freezer for today. I have been having cold water and cordial (raspberry) instead. Hubby walked to the library and the shop this morning, but his last trip would have been a hot walk I think.

My daughter yesterday tried a microwave pavlova recipe. It looked fantastic and I was very impressed. It fell flat. Today hubby was to go through her technique to see if anything could be improved but we forgot that. She wanted to cook one in the oven instead, but it is too hot.

I have been reading a book I got this morning, but it is a little down beat for a day like today. It is a new author Deborah Raney.

I got out some baggy shorts this morning, I used to always wear them before they went out of fashion, very good though for around the house on a hot day.

I have felt well today, the only thing that is hard today is the loud Disney channel or similar music coming from the computer. It has been peaceful, I like the kids and I home together. Maybe that helped.

The other parcel was from ebay. It was four t-shirts in a size larger than I bought last time, my husband and I checked my size and decided they would be better. They are for the length, I got 2 1/2 - 3 inches longer. One was worn once and the others new without tags, and they were great. I had priced the new ones and the postage, maybe they are not the latest colours but I was very happy with the colours and they were exactly the same in style as one of my favourite t-shirts. So I was trying on, measuring, telling my husband my good fortune on the phone.

I ring him, but he has been working in the subfloor of a solid brick house. At least it is cooler down there. He was very tired last night.

That is about it, when it cools down I may remember if there is any thing else so far.

Actually I got a great cookbook from the library called Simply Organic by Jesse Ziff Cool.

It is still 36oC inside the house, apparently in Melbourne the temperature has dropped to 19oC. It is 8pm. We have just opened the windows. Chow Mein is cooking on the stove. I heard in my book that in the US Chow Mein comes in cans.

I watched Super Nanny USA and our daughter felt hot so is sitting in the bath. The asked me today to buy a nice book called The Daring Book for Girls.



We have the fan blowing hot air out of the loungeroom, apparently you can feel it coming out of the room. My middle daughter and I sat on the front step for awhile. Prior to this nearly all of us were sitting on the lawn near the front fence. Little daughter was finding ladybirds in the shasta daisies. These particular ones don't flop over on a hot day. They flower longer two.

I had a shower and we went to bed late.


Comments

Cathy said…
Hello Linda
Sounds like you had a hot one too!
Yes its cooled off now (9.30pm) it almost feels cold lol
Thanks for sharing your day
Take care
Cathy
Monica said…
Yes, that is an innocent dog face. The dog is hereby acquitted of all charges. It is freezing here today (well technically below freezing.) If I understood metrics at all, I would tell you how cold.
Anonymous said…
Hi Linda, I enjoyed reading about your day too. I wish we could trade some warmth and cool between us. I am in Minneapolis, Minnesota and our temperature right now is -12 degrees F (I don't know what that is in C) and we have about 35 inches of accumulated snow. Isn't it always greener on the other side of the fence? Have a lovely evenin - Shar
Joyce said…
Hi, Linda,
I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.
My, what a busy day, and in all that heat, too. It sounds like you all make the best of it, though.
I grew up in quite a warm climate (Phoenix, Arizona), but don't think I would be able to take that heat anymore. It was difficult to sleep when it didn't cool down below 90 degrees at night. :P
Christine said…
Sounds like a real summer day! So strange since it's winter here. Send some of the sun our way please. :-)

Christine

Popular Posts