30 Day Throw Down

Thursday:

Breakfast:  Weetbix, sultanas, Weatharts, milk, tea.
Lunch:  Toast with 2 eggs, & Vegemite
Afternoon Tea:  1 slice bread and butter, piece of cheese, apple
Tea:  Singapore pork sausage styled fried rice

Friday:

Breakfast:  Weetbix, sultanas, Weatharts, milk, tea
Morning tea, small glass of chocolate Nesquik
Lunch:  Cheese & Homemade jam melon pickles on toast
Afternoon Tea:  Tim Tam icecream!
Tea:  Beef Mince & Pea Curry

My daughters were at a birthday party tonight, and my youngest daughter really wanted an icecream instead of making banana muffins with us.  Since I have never bought our family icecream as a group, my husband and I decided to take our little girl (we are lots older than her so it is special) for a nice spring walk in the evening to get one.  It was warm and nice outside.  I decided despite only liking the plainer flavours to try the Tim Tam one as I hadn't tasted it.  She is 5 years younger than her sister and sometimes we forget she is only 7, she needs to do kid things like buy an icecream sometimes.  

Speaking of icecream.  I have two favourite homemade icecream recipes that I make very very occasionally.  One is the standard one made from cream, the other peanut butter.

Does anyone remember Sesame Street and all the different icecream flavours?

Not sure if this recipe is metric, it came out about the time there were both.

Super Icecream

4 eggs, separated
1 cup icing sugar
1 cup cream
1 teaspoon vanilla

Beat egg yolks lightly.  Beat egg white until firm peaks form, gradually beat in sifted icing sugar.  Fold in egg yolks, then whipped cream.  Stir in vanilla.  Pour into freezer trays.  Freeze until set.

I must admit I love the old freezer trays.  My Grandma made raspberry iceblocks for use in icecream cones. 


Visit the 30 Day Throw Down blog.

Comments

Popular Posts