A Day In My Life ~ October


My husband and son have just been home for lunch. My husband had been talking to the vet, and we have scheduled our puppy in for surgery. He is having a small amount of surgery now and more when he is fully grown. He had been rubbing his eye sore. I saw him yesterday upside down rubbing his eye on the grass and also rubbing with his paw.

He has an inturned lid at the bottom of one eye. It is not damaged but to save it getting damaged from the rubbing, that is why is he having surgery now, until then cream and tablets. He has been on cream until this week for a couple of days. My daughter will be sorry she wasn't here, but I guess she can't worry either. It is her dog, and she has had to be away from him for music camp and a week's holiday during the holidays. Now a school trip. We have had the dog about a month I think.

We enjoyed cheese and toast, and talked about what my husband had learnt about lactose intolerance. He also gave the dog a bone as the watering system has been chewed a little. That will certainly keep him occupied for awhile, and keep his mind off his eye. He is sitting in some nice grass.

I picked up my daughter in the afternoon from school. Sometimes she skips which is really nice to see. I was watching a magpie while I waited.

I was talking to my son by email before he went to uni. I reminded him that his sister was going out tonight and he could say hi to her. She is visiting his city for a few days.

I spent some time checking out Mandy's blue kitchen and yellow bathroom looking at photos of my yellow dining room and kitchen and my blue bathroom which are still a wip. The yellow is the same, I think my room's have lost something in the translation, not sure what it is. Didn't work it out either! I was quite inspired though, if I can work it out there is hope yet.










After work my husband took these photos for me. It was a lovely surprise because our Remembrance Poppy and Grannies Bonnet came out today! The candy chimes we had bought a few years ago in a pot in flower at the craft shop.

We had a cup of tea, and I went to visit the dog a couple of times.

We had tea with bolognaise with cherry tomatoes in it which was a nice change.

I had a phone call from my eldest son about how he caught up with his sister, though she was shy and they didn't talk much.

I have been reading my book. I wanted to rest today but I don't think I achieved that really. It is Garden Blogger's Bloom Day tomorrow, so my flower pictures are a record of what is flowering for Bloom Day in October.

Comments

Hill upon Hill said…
Beautiful photos. I am sorry to hear about your puppy, may he recover quickly. I loved your observation of your daughter skipping.
Leanne said…
Hope your puppy's op goes well.

Enjoyed seeing your flower photos, what a nice dh taking them for you.

Love Leanne
Mary Poppins said…
What beautiful floweres :) lovely blog and I looki forward to coming back :) Thank you for you comment
Mary X
Anonymous said…
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. It was a delight for me to find your blog and I hope to read it in more detail soon (breakfast is calling at the moment!).

I enjoyed your photos and hope your puppy recovers soon.

As a bonus, you are in Australia which I LOVE although I've only been there once.
The Old Dairy said…
I hope the puppy will be o.k. Loved reading about your day.
Your blog really inspires me..There is no holding back on your faith and love for our savior, you are truly faithfull.
O! I am so slow sometimes!!! Just worked out what wip means....
So glad your eldest caught up with his sister.
Thank you for enjoying my kitchen I love the blue....

Blessings..Mandy
Linda said…
Thank you for the kind words Mandy.

I didn't use the word wip myself before, but I guess eventually we use them lol.
Tia said…
What beautiful flowers.
Tia

Popular Posts