My World Tuesday ~ November 4


I am not sure if these photos were taken by my eldest son or his girlfriend on her new camera. I know she likes nature. These were taken in Canberra at the botanical gardens. Canberra is in a special state of its own, and is our nearest city. Yes, they are flower pictures again, but native to Australia and something a tourist goes to see.





Grass trees or blackboys.



Paper daisies?


Frilled-necked Lizard?


Stuart Desert Pea?

The daisies and the blackboys can be seen where I live. I had an old 70s painting, rather orange, that has black boys in it. Dated, but we like the subject matter.

Comments

Tania said…
Lovely flowers Linda,

Sturt's Desert Pea grows in our area, they are very unusual pretty plants and look great as a groundcover.

Tania
Rambling Woods said…
I love the grass trees and the lizard neither of which will be in my New York state yard..
Louise said…
Beautiful flowers and terrific captures of them! The last one is justt incredible!
Leslie: said…
Stunning photos - that last one HAS to be enlarged to see the sheen on the flowers! Just beautiful.
Guy D said…
Outstanding shots with amazing colors. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures
mannanan said…
Thanks for the great photos of fantastic flora and fauna. We have nothing similar here on the Isle of Man
Oman said…
whoever took these, he/she has a photographer's eye. the details are just sooooo sharp. great job he/she has done and great job to you too for sharing your world to us.
Leaon Mary said…
I'm truly amazed! Things I've never seen before! I LOVE IT HERE!
Blessings!
Lea
Ivar Østtun said…
So different from my place. Australia is on the top of my wishing list for places to visit.
Mary said…
Lovely! I like that last plant and the lizard!
D Herrod said…
Like the lizard and the flowers.
love the photos........

Gill in Canada
Unknown said…
Wonderful piccies, that last one is so unusual
Pearl Maple said…
Beautiful photos, you are doing great job of showing off the best of the bush.
Gaelyn said…
Beautiful flowers.
Love the lizard.

Popular Posts