Simple Woman's Daybook ~ December 8


FOR TODAY ... Saturday

Outside my window... it is a little windy

I am thinking... a lot about asthma, mine has flared up, we think starting from the fright we had about our job a few weeks ago

I am thankful for... my son being looked after while he sorts out his car registration bungle

From the kitchen... we hope to have mexican chicken tonight

I am wearing...
a kooky t-shirt that I only know the meaning of. It says New Zealand and "downunder" upside down. Trouble is you have to have a sense of humour and ignore the New Zealand part

I am creating...
I have been working on a pile of clothes all day, I have got a bit further ahead with my organising

I am going... after lots of organising I think I have settled on a daytrip with four kids to get their teeth checked, essential clothing items I can't get here

I am reading... I have three chicken soup inspiration books to pick up from the library, so nothing except old magazines, and lots of notes I get given

I am hoping... we keep on track for preparing for visitors and Christmas

I am hearing... Powerpuff Girls?

Around the house... Lots of Death By Chocolate trays. Nearly as nice as homemade self-saucing pudding

One of my favorite things...
hearing lovely reports about my little girl from her teacher

A few plans for the rest of the week: Gym presentation & Christmas concert

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
it matches this photo.

Comments

Tania said…
Hi Linda, Sorry I haven't left comment for a while. I do read your posts but don't always get to comment.

We have had some more rain, so maybe you will get some within the next day or so.

I guess we are all a little busy this time of year, with all that is on and Christmas preparations.

I am lucky as my mum does most of the cooking and brings it along Christmas day. This certainly makes my life a lot easier. I will miss her help when she is no longer able to do it, hope that is a long way off yet. She loves to cook for people and I love her loving to cook for people.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend,

Tania
Hello, wish I had enough memory on my second hand computer to be able to download additional plug-ins, then I could watch the girls dance and stuff. I may have extra memory soon, via a friend who has a spare hard drive. That will be great when installed, but whether that will be before Christmas I'm not sure.
PS be sure to enter my give-away!
Tilly said…
Linda, your photo's make me want to emigrate!
Tilly said…
Forgot to mention - yes I think the barn at the wedding was very similar to the River Cottage HQ, though I've only seen that once on the tv. It was a really beautiful setting for a civil wedding ceremony.
Linda said…
I think it is starting to dry off now, which is a shame.
Linda said…
Tania, you are describing how my Nana was when we were little, she brought the food over. I miss those kind of things.

The Vintage Rose, the girls aren't on the video mores the pity. And thanks. I love your sugar bowl on ebay. Mum always had that design.
Joyce said…
Hi Linda,
I am one of the Simple Woman's Daybook participants. Before I read this entry of yours I read the long one about getting back to basics, I think. Very interesting! It sounds like you are getting so much done!

Greetings from the U.S., Washington State.

Popular Posts