Reflection Saturday


I came by this meme at Doodles of Life. I hope I am doing this right. What a lovely entry there was last week.

My seven year old daughter last night (Monday) said to me she had made a lantern. Didn't she do a good job? She used some of her birthday money to buy some more things to draw with. She has been designing and making pretty paper handbags. I love those sorts of lanterns.



On Thursday and Friday we had two events at school. The first was a Grade 6 graduation for our daughter. She is 11 and next year is going to High School. I was impressed with the graduation cake and how lovely they all looked. I remarked to hubby that it was our sixth graduation. Yes, really. I can't remember though if my two eldest step-children had a formal graduation ceremony or not. They were living with us at the time. Because I always had small children, I actually haven't attended one, so it was a first for me. Yes, I did attend events with the kids, but not a Grade 6 graduation.

I have been feeling crook as they say, this week. A relapse from a cold I had during winter. We have had rain our school concert was to be held in a new sound shell, but was held in the senior school sports centre as well. One daughter played in the band, the other had a small speaking part and a group part.

I really enjoyed my eldest daughter's friends who attend ballet classes with her. They wrote their own dance based I think on the Fairy books. They had excellent wings that they had used for a concert two years ago. One was yellow, one white, one autumnal and not sure about the other one, possibly spring colours.

The story was great. They had a ball which was the earth, they were fighting over it, and they were still true to their ballet training. In the end the fairies divided the earth ball into two hemispheres so the fairies could each have their favourite celebration. I imagine the white fairy had her snow white Christmas, the yellow fairy her summer Christmas, the autumn fairy her downunder Easter and the spring fairy her Easter.

It was beautiful. What a lovely way to view the world.

I learnt something from another song, that some boys sang on the guitar. It was a version of Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport by Rolf Harris. Youtube also has another version. It brought a smile to my face, as did Sun Arise below.




Santa came to this concert, which was lovely. He walked in at the start.

Comments

Joyce said…
I really enjoyed the Rolf Harris YouTube video.

Sounds like your family is very busy. Congrats to your daughter on her recent graduation. :)
You had a very busy week; and I love the laterns.

Thanks for taking part in the Reflection Saturday...

Have a nice week and talk soon...

Popular Posts