Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY Saturday...

Outside my window... soaking rain

I am thinking... what a nice time I am having with my family

I am thankful for... the rum balls I got for Christmas!

From the kitchen... baked ham, jam melon pickles, boiled potatoes, carrots and beans

I am wearing... my good jeans and t-shirt

I am creating... my new Chrisco hamper order for next year

I am going... to my hometown! It will be nice to go out of town though I will be doing that tomorrow as well. It always helps.

I am reading... Lauraine Snelling's "A Dream To Follow"

I am hoping... I feel better soon with no coughing etc.

I am hearing... the wii and the maraccas

Around the house... the tree has some new homemade ornaments and candy canes on it

One of my favorite things... my Christmas card that has ho, ho, ho and you can see the red glitter writing from a long way away

A few plans for the rest of the week: Watching Love's Unending Legacy on TV (hint Hallmark Monday night 8.30p.m.)



Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Comments

Connie Peterson said…
What a beautiful pansy! Is it yours? Did you take the picture?

It's hard to realize that as we are getting colder, with snow, you are warming up and enjoying spring / summer! That was always difficult for me when we were there - that my family was living in the opposite season than we were!

Enjoy Christmas!! We plan to do the same!
The dB family said…
Johnny-Jump-Ups -- at least that's what we call them here. They are one of my favorite garden flowers. They'll grow almost anywhere and have such a sweet little "face".
Linda said…
It is our own little Johnny Jump Up. My husband took the picture last Sunday I think. We have lots here in our rose garden too. There was a time I couldn't seem to get them to multiply in our first house.
Karen said…
I love all of the flowers you post. They are so pretty. I hope you are feeling better soon. My daughter seems to be coming down with a cold now. Hopefully she will feel better tomorrow, and the rest of us won't get it.
Merry Christmas!
Karen
4streegrrl said…
I just found your blog via someone else's blog links, and I have enjoyed reading the last few posts. I look forward to exploring it and learning more about your life in the Australian bush. :)

Popular Posts