Simply Celebrating Christmas Carnival



What: Anything that make Christmas more simple and meaningful, less busy and stressful, etc. The ways that you minimize or prioritize or say no or find shortcuts. Practical is good!


On Friday and Saturday night last week I was able to watch bits and pieces of the ballet concert my two younger girls were in. It was actually a combined jazz and ballet concert and altogether I got to watch all of it. I was happy that it turned out like a country Christmas concert at the same time. They had a Christmas tree up the front near the stage.

The two lead dancers who were cast as a brother and sister with their Mum. They filled out their Christmas lists and went to bed. Santa came and the little elf/fairies came out the chimney and danced. The music was country music at the start with Alison Krauss and male country singer Alan Jackson and the music was beautiful.



I remember the country music at my son's deb ball years ago and it really adds a nice touch considering where we live.

The backdrop was black with a wavy spray of stars and lots of costumes coordinated. I thought the whole thing was very thoughtful and a gift for us to enjoy Christmas. The fairies danced to It Feels like Christmas by Hi-5 and other dancers danced to The Night Before Christmas by Hi-5. And here I thought I was over Hi-5. You could see my daughter singing the lyrics below while she was dancing.

The whole thing was like a Carols by Candlelight concert on TV.



There's an angel on the garden path
and a reindeer on the lawn
Theres a little elf on the kitchen shelf
and sleigh bells in the hall
There are stockings on the fireplace
and what else can i see
A million miles of tinsel
wrapped around the Christmas tree

And it feels like Christmas,
feels like Christmas,
feels like Christmas to me

The streets light up for Christmas,
shop windows fill with toys.
In every place there's a happy face
on all the girls and boys
There's holy in the ivy,
it's berries glowing red.
And presents that I've hidden safe
underneath my bed

And it feels like Christmas,
feels like Christmas,
feels like Christmas to me

Warm summer nights and twinkling lights
and carols on TV.
When family and friends
get together again
and it feels like Christmas to me

There's an angel on the garden path
and a reindeer on the lawn
Theres a little elf on the kitchen shelf
and sleigh bells in the hall
There are stockings on the fireplace
and what else can i see
A million miles of tinsel
wrapped around the Christmas tree

And it feels like Christmas,
feels like Christmas,
feels like Christmas to me

And it feels like Christmas,
feels like Christmas,
feels like Christmas to me


On Tuesday we had fun making a beautiful vegetarian lasagne. Hubby was doing the hard work and the rest of us, well me and the older girls really enjoyed watching Beyond River Cottage Episode 10. It is a Christmas episode. Hubby popped his head in and listened. It was really enjoyable. There is one tiny bit where Hugh was flashing back to something not nice from a previous episode but the rest was great and helped us all relax.

My favourite bit was the Medieval Gingerbread decorated with rosehips. You can watch it here, but please close your eyes at the start when he mentions fun for a second.


Beyond River Cottage: Episode 10 - Trailer - Click here for another funny movie.

Comments

Tilly said…
Hi Linda, I've been out of blogland for a week or so and I'm now trying to catch up with everyone!
My way of minimising Christmas stress is to do as much of the shopping as possible online. I think the last minute rushes around the shops are what make us really stressed. My mother-in-law is super organised and makes a lot of stuff beforehand and freezes it.
I love the River Cottage programmes.

Popular Posts