Cucumber Pickles

My Mum always grew apple cucumber like the ones posted on Tania's blog. When we lived on the farm Mum made Cucumber Pickles. This is the recipe I posted on my old blog. It is an old-fashioned recipe. It is still my favourite pickles, apart from the other two Mum made, green tomato and red tomato relish.

Cucumber Pickles

2lbs apples
2lbs onions
2lbs cucumbers
1lb sugar
1 UK pint vinegar
1 tab salt
1/4 teas cayenne
2 teas tumeric
1 teas mustard
2 teas curry powder
2 tabs cornflour

Peel and cut apples, onions, cucumbers. Boil 30 minutes with sugar and vinegar. Mix all dry ingredients with a little cold vinegar stir straight away and boil another 10 minutes. Makes 6 jars.

Comments

Michele said…
This sounds like a delightful recipe... I'll hang onto this!
~Michele~
Cathy said…
Hello Linda
Thanks for that
If my cucumbers ever fruit I might try this recipe
Take care
Cathy
Tania said…
Thanks for the recipe Linda,

I am grateful to get another recipe to use for the cucumbers.

Today we are busy preserving our nectarines. I am about to go out and start some picking.

Tania

Popular Posts