At The Well Launch

Gathering At the Well


Today February 2 is the Launch of the new At The Well site.

The discussion questions for today are:

When you read the Scripture found in Titus 2: 2-5, how do you see this playing out in your own life?

What are your areas of strength? Of weakness?

If you could set some sort of goal in relation to this Scripture, what would it be?


All upcoming questions can be found at this page.

2:4 In this way they will train the younger women to love their husbands, to love their children, 2:5 to be self-controlled, pure, fulfilling their duties at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the message of God may not be discredited.


I have been reading a study here. And that is where I found the scriptures the questions relate to.

This week two things have happened that have reinforced what I learnt as a younger wife about parenting.

The first thing that happened I suppose I can't detail too much because of the other person's privacy. But basically my daughter said to me after something that happened at another home, that she now thinks we have a normal family.

I remember when she, my daughter who is nearly 12, came home and spoke to me her Mum. Last year I vaguely remember complaining that she didn't come home and talk to me about her day like she used to. Since the incident or two, she now tells me lots more things.

All last year she asked me not to come and pick her up from one of her activities because she was embarassed! I didn't take too much notice of this.

I know that children are much more well behaved if they think they are getting looked after.

The other thing that happened regarding her and her brother is that they went fishing. They learnt lots of things from their Dad. This was the fundamentals of our family so far, including my three step-children spanning 25 years. However, this year, our focus has been fixing our new house up ready to move in. It has gone on for 17 months. So it was very nice, despite the 40+ oC heat to take them to the river and teach them or enjoy fishing together.

We are devoted to the children but not to excess, and when the children don't want that devotion you have problems. I am blessed that my daughter saw something to reaffirm what is good about her own family. Perspective is a great thing, for all of us. I pray God continues to give me and our family some perspective when we need it.

Fishing Trip by Allan D Horne
Fishing Trip

Comments

Unknown said…
You said, "When the children don't want that devotion, you have a problem". YES!!! This is so true. Our children must have our hearts, this is the only way we can truly bring them up in the Lord.

Wonderful post.. thank you for participating today... At the Well!
Sheila said…
thanks for joining us. i look forward to getting to know you better.

blessings
sheila
Laurie Ann said…
Great post! Blessings...
LAURIE said…
thanks for joining us over AT THE WELL today. -blessings, Laurie
June said…
Like you my children will sometime
tell me everything (at least I think it is everything). What a privalege to be their mother
Beth in NC said…
I look forward to gleaning from you and others in this study.

Bless you!
Beth
Anonymous said…
i enjoyed your entry today :)
JGH said…
Enjoyed reading this. I know my children are more likely to act up if I'm ignoring them, so it is better to be "in the moment" when they're around, listen and ask questions.

My kids also love fishing together. When we went to New Mexico last summer it was all about the fish. I kept trying to get them to visit monuments and old churches with me. They weren't interested.

Popular Posts