Fires

I apologise for my wingeing about the heat. I have been listening to the radio for about an hour. So many homes in our State have been lost. But, I wanted to let my readers know how our family is just in case you don't know my State very well and don't know from reports if our region is OK.

I was sad when I heard that the petrol station I used in 2003 before we moved here has burnt down.

My husband's sister, her home was threatened but the danger has passed.

It is very hot tonight, 2 1/2 hours late cooling down. Our weather change is due in the morning, if we have lightening like the other parts of the State we could have trouble too.

Here is where the information is. We have dust at the moment.

There is a fire about nearly 2 hours away threatening a tourist town. My brother was nearly killed by a limb falling from a tree in the heat.

Comments

Oh Linda....thinking about you. Stay safe.
Catherine said…
I was thinking of the fires in Australia when I saw your post - here is the article in the Irish Times about the deaths, how awful. Stay safe where you are - not sure exactly, might google-earth your town if you have it on your blog.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0207/breaking9.htm

It puts into context the whinging we do in Ireland about our lousy weather patterns, never extreme enough to be one thing or the other, hence our green and pleasant land (i know that's England's claim but we have one too!). After experiencing monsoons and floods in the tropics I can cope here I think!
Linda said…
There are 25 dead now apparently.

We have no local fires and the closest ones are a little better today. We had a very hot night with dust, in the house it didn't cool down much.

We live near the Murray at the Eastern end.

Popular Posts