Second Day of High School


This photo was taken yesterday, so we are up to our third day now! The kids are in Years 12, 10, 7 and 2.

I have been reading Mandy's post about the last of her children going off to school. These are the last of my children too, though I only had one extra lol. My eldest is finishing off his last two subjects at Uni, and my step-children are in the 26-32 age range. Two of them did a bit of schooling at our home as well.

My new highschool girl (the littlest one in the dress) had lovely hair before Christmas, it is usually blond! Don't live in an isolated town if you don't want your teenaged son to experiment with weird hairstyles. Apparently there are a few experimenters at school. My little girl has since "reformed" and gone back into white socks.

So Mandy your four kids looked lovely, you should be very proud of yourself and of them.

Today we have had distance education letters for one subject, talk of piano books for our new lessons, everyone is happy. One is staying back after school for her hospitality classes. One got to go swimming, it is all systems go!

Comments

The Old Dairy said…
We must have been on the same wave lengh today.
They all look like great kids I love the hair on your son, my eldest boy has curly hair but he keeps it so short that you wouldn't know.
have a great day
Mandy
What a nice looking family you have!
Scrappy quilter said…
What a sweet looking family you have.
Catherine said…
These are lovely kids - I love the Aussie school uniform style, dresses and shorts - here in Ireland it is usually pinafores in primary school or track suits, and in secondary it is a skirt or tailored trousers (both sexes) and a shirt, tie and jumper(sweater). My daughter loved the Sleepover club on telly when she was younger and that was set in sunny Oz, I envy you your heatwave in a way,though I know 40degrees is no picnic, I lived in Laos and Bangladesh where we had such temps. Take care, I enjoy your blog.
Linda said…
Thanks Mandy you made me feel better about the hair. You definitely had the idea first, though I did already have the photo.

Thanks guys.

Catherine I know what you mean, you don't have to worry about firewood and lots of other things.

In Australia uniforms are getting more formal, our school has dressed up some things that I haven't got yet, many have very quickly. In the mid 70s we still had ties and hats, and we have gone back to hats but they are not as dressy. We always used to wear wool jumpers, but now you can choose usually.

Popular Posts