Ezy Sauce Substitute

I have been asked if Ezy Sauce is available in the US. It doesn't look like it is, but if anyone knows please comment.

I remembered that there was a Ezy Sauce Substitute in a book I have, so here it is.

Easysauce

15g/ 1/2oz mace
15g/ 1/2oz cloves
15g/ 1/2oz allspice
7g/ 1/4oz chillies
15g/ 1/2oz pepper
30g/1oz ginger

Mix all ingredients together and you have easy sauce.

From Outback Cooking in the Camp Oven by Jack & Reg Absalom

Ezy Sauce is a liquid so maybe you have to add some extra vinegar?

Comments

I have never heard of it here in Canada....but am not sure abouth the U.S.
Robin said…
I have never heard of it here in the U.S. but it sounds better than ketchup!. I haven't stopped by your blog for a while so I am enjoying catching up. Always a good read.
Anonymous said…
I just used my last bottle to make Ketchup and it was divine.
I will try the dry versiona nd let you know how it goes.
I have my dads recipe which it great. I did add a few things of my own and worked out well. I dont use thickener as I find it thickens by itself.
Thanks again. I will let you know how it goes.
Mnady
Wild's Ezy Sauce

Australian Products
3680 Stevens Creek Blvd Ste A
San Jose CA 94117
phone 408-7489999
toll free 8884229259

These details were given to me by the Australian Company www.Cerebos.com.au Australia.

I have not yet called them to ask about the Ezy Sauce.
mallee11 said…
citric acid is a main ingredient6 in ezy sauce
Unknown said…
Thanks for sharing this. I am an aussie living in West Africa and need to try this!
Unknown said…
Unfortunately, Ezy sauce is being discontinued. Ezy sauce is an Aussie thing - a liquid seasoning added to 10kg tomatoes, 2 kg onions - all boiled over hours, puréed and bottled. If left unopened, last 5/6 years (we made 70kg once - 150lb. Lasted a long time).
Unknown said…
Why has it been discontinued?
Is there any where to buy
Ezy sauce?

Popular Posts