Happy Homemaker Monday

hhm

The weather in my neck of the woods:
The rain picture below was from late last week. On the weekend it was frosts. We found ice on the dog's water and lunchtime yesterday.

One of my simple pleasures:
Having my wheat bear in the bed and feeling the warmth make things cosy.

On my bedside table:
Nothing yet. Still haven't got into Anne of Avonlea, tried in the last few days.

On my TV:
Wife Swap USA
Australian Idol

On the menu for tonight:
It is a worry. I don't want a thin soup because it is so cold, I have cold hands and feet sometimes. We didn't get the ingredients for my menu for today, tomorrow we can get some more to last until payday. After going through a big list yesterday on Taste website, today I was looking for recipes again with peas, as yesterday I thought "if only I had peas". Amazingly today I couldn't find one so far, but found this recipe I missed yesterday.
Vegetable & Chickpea Stew

On my To Do list:
I want to work out what things I need to make pickles or chutney in about 2 weeks time.

New Recipe I tried last week:
Low-fat Pasta Carbonara

In the craft basket:
Nothing that I know of. Our son is dreaming up another costume, but he is not getting a very positive response so far.

Looking forward to:
Getting the parcel my Mum is sending with clothes she has collected for my daughter's trip overseas.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
You may know more about it than I do, but check out Coles $10 meal ideas.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Quill Cottage's Seredipity Sunday posts.
Mind Your Manners at Life in the Little Nest
I see the moon...and the moon sees me...

Favorite photo from last week:



Lesson learned the past few days:
I learnt a word from Joyce. Metacognition.

On my Prayer List:
I think it was my family

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
I have been reading about Daniel again, at Quill Cottage.


This meme is from Sandra's blog.

Comments

Popular Posts