Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY Saturday...

Outside my window... a sort of mystical haze. I have been wondering if the most special views I have had in this house have been at this time of year. It is sunny today after a frost. Quite chilly overnight.

I am thinking... not much, very tired. I felt like I was going to sleep standing up in the back yard!

I am thankful for... still having our old chainsaw. Some people wanted my husband to donate it to a museum. Our other one was stolen we think. I am thankful we were able to cut some wood, but need some repairs to the chainsaw. Our other house has wood we can collect. It could have been our fault. Please pray that whatever if causing us to not take better care like we used to is resolved, or that we have peace about it. I am peaceful but still wondering if we are not being careful enough and why.

From the kitchen... we have a packet of Mizkan powdered sushi mix. My son is making sushi with it and left over rice and a special Japanese style tuna I found at Coles in a little tin.

I am wearing... all the usual winter things. I haven't been wearing my old clothes around the house lately. I like my good jeans with pockets for keys and hankies.

I am creating... I hope to make a good shopping list before I go shopping

I am going... I hope I am going to the library if they get in some of the novels on my list!

I am reading... I may continue to read Romulus My Father in case I need to help our son with his homework.

I am hoping... my son goes well in English this week.

I am hearing... probably a blackbird outside.

Around the house... we grow our winter buddlieas, the purple ones on one stalk. My husband cut down the suckers today.

One of my favorite things... looking at photos of blueberries, some things really bring joy, and blueberries are one of them. This is what I mean.

A few plans for the rest of the week: I am looking forward to shopping in my usual grocery shop and doing normal bills after our unusual week. I shopped in a large town so I could buy clothes for our daughter, and we went on a trip to the city, so our money was directed into getting there and back.

Here is picture thought I am sharing... our new Old Maid cards. My daughter showed an interest in cards and I remembered this game and bought a pack.



If you haven't already, please be sure to check out Peggy's blog.

Comments

Joyce said…
Hello, Linda,
The Strawberry Shortcake character on the Old Maid cards reminds me of our twin daughters, who are now 24 years old. One daughter was really 'into' everything Strawberry Shortcake, back in the days when the character wore a dress with a pinafore over! She still has her fuzzy blanket with that character on it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit today!

Popular Posts