A Day in My Life


It is 10am here and already it is a struggle to remember what I have done today lol.

I had a small sleepin. My husband woke up earlier and I reminded him about our son's first driving lesson at 8am. He brought me a cup of tea sometime while our son was at his lesson.

I ended up drinking some of it by the computer because I wanted to check if a lady had sent me some photos of a dog we wish to buy. It is a mature pure bred that a family can no longer keep due to unforseen circumstances. He is two years old.

I woke a few times in the night. I think I would have been thinking of our son who woke up at 3am to drive somewhere for a holiday.

He rang not long ago to say that he had got through a major city OK and things were going well.

It is raining heavily now. Hubby and son have left to do some work on our other house. He was to do gardening but that may be put off by the rain. I am going to get dressed to take our little girls to a party. The sister of the birthday twins is friends with our little girl, so the big girls are going to be face painting and helping.

Before this hubby and I discussed things we are doing because it seems there is a lot going on and we are afraid we will forget something etc. I paid for an ebay purchase.

Lunchtime sees that I have spoken to the lady about the dog we hope to get. I have had a shower and taken the girls to the party at the pizza place. I spoke to hubby on the phone, who took a faulty part out of the griller on a ceramic cooktop. Last time we used it it was going to start a fire. Now at least that part is not there and I don't have to worry about anyone accidently turning it on. Amazing that such a nice stove could do that.

I dug the Austar remote out and watched a little Jamie @ Home about broad beans. I ate some sandwiches that were in the fridge. Second son had made them this morning, he thought we were coming to the other house and made some for us.

Had a cup of tea outside in the garden. The girls came home and youngest daughter gave me a mini Time Out bar. I sorted through a large fruit box full of clothes with the girls after middle daughter came back from walking the dog with her friend. It was the friend's dog.

Son and girlfriend rang again they had seen a nice tourist attraction and are an hour in front of their schedule which is great.

Will figure out from my menu what we are having for tea.

Well tea is over now rather dinner. I watched some TV and listened to a very excited girl about dogs.

The photo is of my double headed daffodils that I have had a long time. They are at our fourth house, and started at the first.


Comments

JGH said…
How exciting that you may be getting a new dog! Did the photos arrive as you'd hoped?
Leanne said…
Hi
Sounds like a nice Sunday.
EEk we too have a new driver - but looks like you have been there & done that with your oldest - so you know what you are doing with new drivers.

Hay loved the double header.

Glad you found me at my new blog, felt rather disloyal moving - but I do quite like blogger now I have spent a few days playing.

Love Leanne
Linda said…
I've seen one photo and no others have arrived yet. However we will see him very soon.

I wish I was good with learner drivers lol.

Our eldest rang half an hour or so from his destination. The roads were hard in places they said, so they have done well.
Linda said…
Update: Someone came and bought the dog, so that is why the photos didn't arrive. She was to send them sometime after talking to me when she turned on the computer. It must have been not long after I was talking to the lady that the people came and bought him. I think they just arrived after a drive on a Sunday, money in pocket, liked what they saw and that was that. He did have a pretty head and was outgoing.
Tia said…
Beautiful daffodils. I'm sorry that you aren't getting a new dog, but glad that the dog has its new home and will hopefully settle soon.
Tia
Hill upon Hill said…
I too am glad that dangerous part of the stove is out.

Popular Posts