Earlene Fowler ~ Quilting Novels


I was wondering if any of you have read any books by Earlene Fowler? I was introduced to her by an online friend, and since that time, I have read the whole series. Which is amazing really as I usually don't read mysteries, obviously because I find them scary? Or not something to dwell on as per the scripture.

Whatever the reason, the first book I read in this series was Goose In The Pond, which is a murder straight off, thankfully Earlene Fowler was very kind, and I was able to read all the books that starts with the one pictured. I was able to work out the reading order using the website Debbies Idea. I love that particular website, it is a great help working out where to start reading with a particular author. You should consider adding things about your favourite authors.

This interview is interesting as it talks about Baby Boomers and what they like to read. I know it rang true for me. There is also a reference to seachange or treechange in California in one of the other parts to the interview.

The only warning that I have seen in discussions on the web, is the issue about adult themes would you call it? It is not too bad, but some people would prefer it was totally a gentle read, like At Home It Mitford or something like that. Like I said the author gives you a break from everything so it is safe to read on usually.

Since we are all writers here on our blogs, the interview is very interesting. The gist of the first part is here.

Since I read Fools Puzzle after a long while, it doesn't seem as well written as the ones, but is still a good read. You can get a good idea about the Benni Harper series and the quilts from this page. Here is a lovely blog post about a book group that discussed the books, and an excellent introduction to the books.

If you like craft novels, the Benni Harper series is here, and maybe you can find something.

Comments

JGH said…
That Debbie's Idea site is a great discovery! thanks for sharing that and I'm sure I'll use it often!
Beth F said…
I've been working my way through this series. I like the characters and they grow and change from book to book.

Popular Posts