Tagged ~ 8 Random facts about me

Peculiar at Where do we go from here has tagged me. I have put this off for a few days, because I could only think of one thing. Then today I lost the other excellent post like Peculiar's, oh well. I am still tired each day, I hope it gets better soon.

Here goes:

Rules:

1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.


Random facts:

1. I would have been working in the Navy if it weren't for my ezcema that kept me out at the last minute.

2. I had a loss of blood after the birth of my first three babies. The other two were fine. Should I write this? I don't know, but I will see if I can find eight things to write about.

3. I went to a Chinese restaurant once and loved lychees and love eating them cold, canned ones, preferably with icecream, though we don't have icecream often in our freezer. My middle daughter loves them too.

4. My late Dad and I broke in a horse once. He did the work, I was just the first "victim". No actually it was fine, Dad did a good job.

5. I learnt Pitman 2000 shorthand. Well, that is the number that springs to mind.

6. There were 370 children in my year when I started High School (Year 7) and I ended up in Group one for maths in Year 10 or form four. Why did I learn shorthand instead? I enjoyed typing as you can see. I got put off cutting up a cows eye in science, somehow didn't do so well in Physics either, probably just a comedy of errors, though I am not that technical or have become lazy. Funny thing is that my family had a minor slaughterhouse for their butcher shop, country butcher shops were common then. Yes, I did spend time there, but they were sheep not cows. I loved the smell of permanent markers that I used to record the weight of the sheep to hang on the hook.

7. I am unusually tall.

8. I was given some bantams as pets when I was twelve or thirteen and some sat on me which I thought was amazing.

How's that? I haven't got time to debate with myself, how conceited, shocking, repetitive etc. this post is, lol. I hope it is OK.


Now who would enjoy having a go at this? Not sure, so hope you don't mind.

1. Delicioso Mama
2. A Woman of Notes
3. Not So Glamerous Housewife
4. my house by the river
5. Quill Cottage
6. Still at Home
7. A Different Drum
8. Flower Garden

I will officially let you know in the morning.

Comments

Robin said…
Thank you Linda. I hope to keep up with your blog. I appreciate your recommendation. Please know I'm usually a little more relaxed and cheery....cruddy day I guess.
Tilly said…
I never could stand the eye chopping experiments either, and physics went right over my head. Out of interest, how tall are you?
Linda said…
I always believed I was 5' 10 1/2" but I am 5' 11".
Heart Felt said…
SNAP Linda, I'm 5'11" too! Not so unusual after all. xx
Annie said…
Interesting interesting stuff. I enjoyed reading more about you. I didn't think of you as unusually tall.
Fiona said…
Thanks for tagging me! I'm thinking of my 8 things ... and will post them soon!
I liked reading about your bantams
Peculiar said…
Sorry I'm just getting to read this Linda. Interesting stuff!! I can identify with the affinity to lychees. I like them very much too. We have a great Chinese restaurant here that serves them cold and fresh. I could just eat and eat and eat...

Thanks for playing along. I hope your 8 chosen friends get to play too. This was fun. It's good to find out interesting, neat things about each other.

Popular Posts