Thankful Thursday ~ September 18


The theme for this week is Truth.

Thursday:


Was a good day. People were very nice to me at the shops. I was well enough to put the groceries in the trolley, into the car, and out again into the house, with the exception of the eski, that I left for hubby. The water was turned off in our street, and I was thankful it was at a time when I was out. I was able to get up early and after our water was turned off as instructed I was able to use the public toilets as there was water and soap there.

~


Friday:

Was a good day as well. I had been putting off getting my eldest and youngest daughter and my hair trimmed. Eldest needed a cut but a shorter version of the style she had. We walked to the hairdressers and had a nice time there.

I was worried about presents for a party, the girls were able to get those and wrap them ready.

~


Saturday:

My daughter came into my room with a white turnip with long leaves hanging down. I am not sure how far back I posted my daughters vegetable garden pictures. She planted them late in the season. She really wanted to do it, and had some vegies that we thought would work. She has lots of turnips as far as I know. They moved some of the vegies to a place with deeper soil and they grew the most.

I was writing about our late dog's breed and found a place that has dogs of that breed that no longer have someone to love them. I found one in our State, and amazingly we had to take our daughter to a camp an hour away from the dog. The camp is about 3 hours away. She wants him in place of a Christmas present so she can take a dog for a walk with her friend. He was a show dog.

~

Sunday:

I was thankful my son and his girlfriend had some nice moments on their very long car trip. They saw the Big Banana and arrived there safely. They hadn't done a trip like this before.

Hubby and second son did a great job on the new rose garden at our new house. They took photos for me to see. The girls had a nice time at the party.

~

Monday:

I looked out the window. I have been following the progress of a tree. Last time I looked it had a few autumn leaves on it, the odd one here or there. I mustn't have looked for a few days or more, because today it has tiny new leaves! What an amazing tree to have something to look at all year round on its branches. The others in the street lost their leaves ages ago. Our leaves are a little later coming in the mountains.

We got word that someone had bought the dog before us. Apparently the dog liked to sleep inside, and we prefer to have our dogs in a kennel with straw, some maybe a puppy would be better for us when we are ready.

~

Tuesday:

Well a lot can happen in a day. We have a puppy. There were two puppies on the road we were going on today, in a town, just off the main road. We woke up very early to take our daughter to a camp. We had talked to the puppy owners. One sold in that short time, then we got the last one. We are very happy with him.

I am blessed that I got an appointment with the doctor and he gave me antibiotics for an infection. My dentist couldn't see my today, I rang about ten or so. So I have these antibiotics until I go to the dentist soon. I got the infection when I had that awful cold. Not I understand why I felt so miserable. I am looking forward to feeling normal, since the coughing has stopped and I feel much better already, though tired, and after our trip a little pale.

I got to see my Mum today, she said she hasn't seen the kids for nine months. They plan to spend some time together soon, so this was an extra surprise and we had morning tea.

~

Wednesday:

The puppy slept well. He was still asleep when hubby went outside early to check on him. The girls played with him before school and I played with him at noon. He is doing all the right things. He is very much like our old dog and I am thankful he is so well behaved. He is a good size so quite manageable.

~

Comments

Connie Peterson said…
Hope you can show a picture of the new puppy soon. Getting a new "baby" is always so exciting! And so fortunate that it happened so quickly for you! What breed is he?
Leanne said…
as a thought for the dog. Google the breeders of the breeder you are after. Maybe the Kennel club to find breeders & then contact the breeders. Breeding & show stock need to be moved on from time to time so breeders can keep breeding - worth a try.

Love Leanne
flmom said…
Congratulations on your new fur friend! I hope you are feeling better very soon.
Tilly said…
Glad to hear you got a new pup.
i said…
Congrats on your new pup! Hope you'll post some pictures. I can never resist looking at pups and dogs :-)

I know what you mean about water disruption. Times like this is best not to be at home where we constantly need to use some water.

Happy TT!
Anonymous said…
linda, i'm just glad you are blessed with a wonderful family. may God bless you more each day. ♥
Laurie Ann said…
What a great list of blessings! Can't wait to see pictures of the new fur-baby!
Anonymous said…
Happy Puppy Days!
Marsha said…
Enjoy the new family member...AND the new rose garden. (Hopefully puppy won't like it!)

Have a blessed weekend.

Popular Posts