What blood type are you?

Today I had lots of stress for one reason or another. Nothing very bad to worry about, just slightly overstretched. It was affecting my heart I thought. I have had it checked lately and it is normal. Anyway, I felt a good dose of ACDC It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll would fix it lol. I wonder if I am developing a drunk's personality! Probably not very funny. I have never been drunk so not an expert.

I wanted the CD out of hubbys car, so got this from YouTube instead. Not quite the same, not loud enough! I remember reading on a blog recently about some pet things a lady didn't like. One was bagpipe music and a lot agreed. Which brings me to a point this post was originally about.

My husband and I were discussing O- blood. My son had asked me what type of blood he had, then told me his girlfriend's blood type. We all have O- blood I think. Apparently hubby had found out that people that have O- blood are of Celtic descent. My son has a Celtic name, so now I won't wonder if I have misnamed him. I think I was being a bit keen. I am not a Celt expert, but our main claim to Celt fame is via Cornwall and Orkney.

New Zealand and Australia have the same distribution of O- blood. No surprise there really. Less in other Western countries I think he was saying, with the exception of the British Isles I assume. It made me wonder about the rhesus issue.

Anyway, I do like bagpipes. I don't celebrate my Scottishness (genes, though my Grandmother was born there) as much as I used to. Besides which, the kids are more English than Scottish. We have an English surname, and I liked genealogy at the time, so after my very Scottish name for my second child, two were family names only and the other an English name and family name.

Outback Tania's wind she was speaking of, hit us at 1.30pm today. So I am bracing myself for when I go out.

AC/DC did help I think. The foot-tapping and smiling.

As an added note, the kids in our town sing the AC/DC song as "It's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll..."

Comments

Tilly said…
I recently found that my blood group is O. No surprise there. I have been doing my family history and so far have manage to get to the late 1700's. My family are as English as they come. In fact my father's family only moved about 1 kilometer from the top of the moors down into the valley over a 200 year period!
Fiona said…
Well I have A-type blood and am of English, Scottish and Irish descent, so there you go. I like bagpipes too, but my husband doesn't (he has no Scottish blood LOL) Am looking forward to our Irish music this weekend. It is very windy here now, even at 8am, which is unusual.
Linda said…
My daughter dressed up in an Irish costume for a gymnastics display. She has a some Irish ancestors on her Dad's side. It was last weekend. It was a green wrap skirt, a nice black vest with lacing on the side and a white top.
Haryhanne said…
my Blood type is O.RH+
I can donate blood to anyone, but I can only receive blood from people who have the same type of blood as I have,and lol, imagine this, My origins goes from, German to Arab and Jewish. German grand father, Jewish grand mother on dads side.
Egyptian grand parents and mum as well, dad was born in Poland, mum in Egypt, Me... well, I was born in Lisbon Portugal, and bought up in South Africa go figure it lol

Popular Posts