You'll have to use your imagination...


and think what some more rocks, and a good mow and nice weather would do to its looks. This is the new garden bed hubby has been working on with the help of our second son. I had a little to do with the planning.

We are not exactly starting from scratch, but this part of the garden is disheartening. It is starting from scratch, though we made a start on it this time last year. At that time we took all the plants we wanted to move from our current house. Some remnants came back again so we have lots in both places. My Mum gave me some camellias for that garden.

There are two blocks, one was developed and one wasn't. We resized the bed next to this one so we could get around it more easily in snake season. One rose bush was under the front verandah so it is here now. Some were in a damp place and would have died. Same with the standards on the fence, they were here and suffered from the liquid ambars. The box were randomly placed in a bed like landscaping, there were also some conifers the same shape. We left the conifers where they were and put these in a line, such as it is, undecided about that. I haven't been reading a lot of gardening books lately like I used to.

The iris are early ones, and here there was only one small piece. At that house they bred up. It is an amazing place for growing things.

We have to paint the fence, it may take two full months to do it.

Comments

Hi Linda, I've just found your blog & can't believe how much we have in common, although we're on opposite sides of the world ! I, too am a stay at home Mum in a remote area (only in Africa), I am also a tea drinker (lots !) & we share the same name ! My Mum named me Lynda with a 'y' which has been the bane of my life as most people spell it with an "i" anyway ! Nice to 'meet' you & I'll definitely be back for another visit soon !
Bye for now
Lynda, Kilimanjaro, East Africa
Tilly said…
It's looking good already. I've just managed to make a start on sorting out our garden (post major building work). Haven't done quite so much as you though.
Heart Felt said…
I can see the potential, it will look fab!
DeniseinVA said…
You've got a lovely garden and the bed, I can see your husband put a lot of work into that. The iris' are very pretty too. Enjoyed your photo as always.
Linda said…
Hi Lynda, nice to see you here. I had similar thoughts when I visited you, especially in the post about what you leave out of your posts.

I look forward to getting to know more about you and your life.


Thanks for the nice comments guys. My husband was puffed out a couple of times when I rang him, he had to do a bit then change jobs and go back to it. It was a very big commitment, hopefully will change the tone of the spare block.
Hill upon Hill said…
Your garden is looking lovely.

Popular Posts