Friday

Well it is a bit late in the day to be starting this. It would have made a nice simple living post, I think? but I have two already written and dated. Speaking of simple living I found a post about it, that made me laugh. I am not making fun of simple living, it was just the comment about tic tacs. My husband would say something like that too. But usually he is being helpful.

It related to baby clothes and throwing them out, an issue best left until you are really sure I suppose.

Do cats cause trouble in your house? After a discussion about the cat, I have forgotten some of what I was going to say. Hmm. Cat's can be rather annoying and insistant can't they?

Yesterday my daughter talked me into giving her the money for a small suitcase. I figured in my mind, I suppose it will be exactly the same size as a school bag. (It was, more or less.)

In the meantime I had read about the Breastscreen truck coming in a few weeks time in the newspaper. This is the second week of the few weeks! So on Thursday our middle daughter, the same persasive one said she would take our little girl to the shop while I went into the van. No I couldn't find the newspaper, so I was honest and in the end came home with an appointment and a brochure. Yes the van is here next week. I just didn't like looking at it anymore.

Keep in mind, after I drove all the way to my hometown to have a pap smear (sorry guys) I got a form for a mammogram but didn't go while I was down, I did have a heart test done, nothing wrong.

My doctors at home are more familiar to me so I thought I would find it better to go there.

Anyway, what I noticed, and I wasn't going to post this, is how different things are here. The van is from a more populated area and was distinctly very "hospital" is all I am going to say about it. A lady came in practically the same time I did and she politely stood on the verandah or this van, we could still see her just that she wasn't so close to me. She was questioned about that. The lady just stood her ground politely.

Upon reading the brochure it said that ladies my age get little benefit from mammograms. I wonder what the story with that is? Anyway, because I wasn't in town today, hubby cancelled the appointment at the van. The lady said she probably put me off. I was just so taken by the subtle differences in the way people behave. I must have transitioned into a ? what is the term exactly. Anyway one of them. I have noticed it a lot lately. It has taken nearly five years, but here I am.

When you get the form to fill out for breastscreening you are supposed to have read another brochure to know what happens. I am clueless and when I go back I'm have to make sure I have done my research first.

Back to my daughter, new places to go, new things. Not sure if it is having the new things, or that she doesn't have appropriate things in the first place. Things aren't so clear to me as they used to be. My eldest was the same, that is how I got the internet. He didn't get new things when he went new places, but he knew how to explain things and didn't give up.


What did we buy today? I jumper/sweater/windcheater from JayJay's. I don't usually go there, but today I loved it! She has a lovely knit jumper but it was worn outside at a friend's house, needed something more robust. She is going on a trip that involves going out at night and it is a frosty place.

They had really fun t-shirts. You can see the one we bought on their site, yes Sponge Bob. I know nothing about Sponge Bob, even though it is on my TV. Really they should have put their smiley face t-shirt on there, I loved that. There were one or two others I loved as well. Had to have Sponge Bob and that was it, if you don't count the swimmers. Every year it is the same. I don't have any swimmers. I get so confused. We got those at Urban Angel.

We were gone all day, from 9 am to about 5 I think. Had a "quick" look in Target. Had to be somewhere at a certain time, and a certain time to pick her up again, and I didn't quite make it back in time. Why, I got lost and nearly ended up on the interstate freeway!

In my rush I carefully put the meat and margarine etc. into the Eski that I grumbled were turned around the wrong way. When I got home, I forgot about the Eskis and the food, and then found one lot of meat wasn't even in the Eski! Anyway, no harm done. It cools down a lot in the late afternoon here.

I think I am off to bed now, may talk about it tomorrow. Or maybe not. For some reason with our size family and location etc. tomorrow is like a clean slate. I forget my days very quickly.

Comments

Tilly said…
I'm not much of a fan of cartoons but my daughter loved Sponge Bob when she was younger. It used to drive me crazy. She had the movie and I couldn't bear to watch it. He's a very cheery chap though!
The Old Dairy said…
Sounds like a very busy day. i hope you get a good nights sleep you deserve it after to day.
Blessings Mandy
DeniseinVA said…
Interesting post. As far as Sponge Bob is concerned, I found out about him quite a while back now when my niece and her mom visited. Mother and daughter were really into Sponge Bob, so much so we watched an episode. Can't really say I got it but they laughed so hard and I was wondering why I didn't find it funny. Different strokes and I am sure some of the stuff I watch they would look at me and wonder why I found it so interesting. It would be a dull world if we all had the same interests I suppose. Have a great weekend.
Anonymous said…
I FINALLLY got this computer straightened out (I had to wrestle it to the ground a few times, but I came out the victor!!) I just read the H and H emails you sent and replied...
I find myself asking DH what day it is...I forget these days! When the kids were here, I k new to the SECOND what day and time it was...had to!! Funnym things don't seem like they have slowed down though!!
Have a good weekend....

Popular Posts