Heinz Variety


I have been checking out some great blogs on the sidebar of Rocking Chair Reflections. I had visited some of the blogs before, like Pioneer Woman would have been the first. Some I had seen from references on Behind The Blog on Blog Talk Radio. These are Boo Mama, Big Mama, Scribbit and Rocks in My Drier which I knew already of course.

All the blogs are great and so far I have found one to follow because I can relate having five kids myself, Days to Come.

Then I came across this meme. I like counting my blessings, as evidenced in my Thankful Thursday posts. So I thought I would try out Alphabet Soup at Seeds from My Garden.

Here is what I am trying to do: the rules of the post from the site.

"Did you eat Campbell's Alphabet Soup when you were a kid? Did you try to spell your name out of the letters in your bowl? How about the name of your secret boyfriend?

I remember when Campbell's Soup Company came out with their alphabet soup. I was a little kid then and it was the coolest thing. We always tried to create our names from the letters and for some reason, there never were the right ones for my name. But it was fun soup.

I was thinking the other day about the good things in my life and all that I have to be thankful for. It suddenly occurred to me that it would be fun to use the alphabet as a source for listing those things which bring me joy or pleasure or peace. Or anything good, for that matter.

Kind of like Sesame Street -- "Today's grateful thoughts brought to you by the letter ___". I've been way too serious in my last few posts, so I'm lightening it up a bit and today I'm going to post 3-5 things that fall into this category, according to the letters of the alphabet. First up -- the letter Aa."
The think the post days are Tuesday and this week's letter is D.

Morning Glory is away this week, so I hope I am going OK so far.

Dancing

I realised the other day while searching for a set of avatars for my forum that I can't go past the ballet pictures. I found some great avatars on iconator. Some are not really for my agegroup etc. but there are some lovely ones. I have been involved with ballet since my 11 year old daughter started school with one year off. I like tutus and looking at them and the shoes, and all that kind of thing.

Ingenue by Richard Judson Zolan
Ingenue


Dog

I am blessed by my dog. I just like to see a dog our the breed we like in the back yard. I suppose it is a habit, since we have done that for over 24 years, much more for my husband. He isn't actually a Heinz variety. How many months or years have you had a dog in the backyard?


Comments

Sharon J said…
For just about as long as I've lived (I'm 48). We had a dog at home when I was born and I still have a dog now. I had a couple of years when I couldn't have one but made up for that by later having two. Most have been of the Heinz variety.
Tilly said…
I think my thankful 'D' would have to be the dentist. It's very difficult to get an NHS dentist here in the UK and I'm lucky to be on the books of one not too far away - some people have to travel for miles. He agreed to take my husband on too since his dentist now only does private work. I don't have a dog in the backyard but I've had a cat for the last 12 years.
Scribbit said…
Jeanna is wonderful, she's one of the first blogs I ever fell in love with. Great ideas and a funny woman.
Kim said…
I am like that with ballet pictures, is it a girl thing? Our dog is about 13 - we got her just before we found out we were having our first baby, in Sept 2000. So really, she was my first baby. She's a bearded collie cross and the nicest dog ever. I had to blog about her the other day actually, as she wasn't very well and I was realy scared it was going to be something bad........ Luckily the tough old bird just has an ear infection.
Kim xx
Heart Felt said…
Cool idea.....I have never had alphabet soup before...but I bet it's fun! xx
The dB family said…
We moved out to the country in June of 1997. Two weeks later we bought a dog -- a Lab/Shepherd mix named Odie. He passed away two years ago in September.

Last year we bought a pup. She's a Blue Heeler/Lab mix. Totally different from our first dog in personality, but she gets more fun each day.

So altogether we've had a dog for ten years now.

Popular Posts