Menu Plan Monday ~ October 6


Monday ~ Bean and Vegetable Soup
Tuesday ~ Tuna & Mushroom Spaghetti
Wednesday ~ Mexican Mince or Chili Con Carne
Thursday ~ Crab & Coconut Risotto
Friday ~ Chicken Souvlaki
Saturday ~ Left-over Mexican Mince with Pasta
Sunday ~ Taco Salad

I had forgotten the name of Taco Salad. I had left over chili con carne, corn chips, tomato, lettuce on a plate with no taco sauce (had none on hand), but some Mexican sauces from the fridge that we got in either Chrisco or Castle hampers last Christmas, called Banditos from Africa.

Because there were only three of us home, and my menu is done slightly in advance with me picking and choosing over the two week menus, the order of cooking, we had Mexican Mince for three night, the last over shell pasta with soy sauce.

I have a head start on next shopping day now I hope.

Comments

Kim said…
I wish I could get in to the routine of menu planning! Everytime I find myself wandering, demoralised, round the supermarket, I promise myself I'll do a meal plan the next time. We must have a dozen cans of tomatoes in the cupboard at the moment, but I keep forgetting essentials! I will take your lead and give it a go. Love the pictures of your garden,it's gorgeous.
Kim
Kim said…
You most definately should do a post on your family history! I could do a whole post alone on the excitement of finding relatives who had emmigrated, down to the ships passenger log - but then my husbands eyes tend to glaze over when I start explaining everything I've found to him!
Arija said…
Linda, thanks for your comment.
That superb magnolia tree is quite close to the old railway bridge foundations. Not far past Koetong on the Tallamgatta road. It hould still be in bloom I hope, even if they are the last ones. We were there the second week of Sept. and it had been singed by frost but had masses of buds on it. If you click on the pic. it enlarges. Cheers, Arija
Linda said…
Thank you so much arija. I am going past this week and will keep my eye out. My MIL remembers magnolias when she used to visit another family member who used to live here.

I think I know the farmhouse, I think it is lovely. They have a great garden. But we will see, maybe I have the wrong house.
The dB family said…
I finally got back into planning my menus -- or at least I did for this week. Mine is only on paper though. Good thing too because I already had to change it!
Linda said…
That is wonderful Deborah.

Popular Posts