Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...


Everyday Elegance has a new meme that is inspired by the Sound of Music. Caroline at The Simple Things has asked about favourite things as well, so I will finish this post!

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things...


Caroline has a list of adjectives that describe her favourite things. It is a great writing exercise, and is good for thinking about what you really like. The perfect situation is to do a lot of thinking, and derive the most benefit. But I will think some and see what I come up with.

In the meantime I have posted about paint colours and the Taubman's website has these favourite things on it, amongst others.

inspired by the abstract in our world...
the crusty top on a perfectly baked
loaf of bread, smooth pebbles on the
bottom of a creek bed,
an overcast
sky about to storm, driftwood washed up
on a beach, plain paper packages
wrapped up with string...

inspired by the blues in our world...
the taste of fresh blueberries, your
favourite pair of blue denim jeans,
relaxing on your back staring into a
big blue sky, warm, crystal blue waters
lapping at your feet,
those tiny blue
flowers... you've forgotten their name,
but their fragrance lingers...


My favourite things are:

Delicious, Comfortable, Crusty, Smooth, Natural, Weathered, Retro, Wiggly, Bouncy, Scenic, Witty, Smiling, Refreshing, Entertaining, Crisp, Red...


Here is my retro song that I love the start of, the song isn't retro but the part I love at the start is. Adam Brand's Good Friends.

Some adjectives in novels that you may have come across here.

Comments

Sarah said…
THis is a wonderful post! THank you for sharing!
Caroline said…
Thanks Linda for continuing on I liked your list. wow you had a good adjective site i pulled mine out of my tired tired head. In hindsight don't think I should have called it Favourite Things but as I had a label called this already just decieded to use that
should have been favourite words will have to do things(as in nouns) next-Thanks for doing it hope others try it
Thistledew Farm said…
I like your favorite things - very fun. I found you through Farm Diva's.
Alice said…
Awesome! I enjoyed your post a lot :)

Popular Posts