Thankful Thursday ~ October 16


This week's theme is Joy.

Thursday: The girls washed the red dirt off my car, that got there in a rain storm even in the car port. We had bought a new compulsory trigger nozzle for the hose so they could wash it. We sort of organised it a few days beforehand.

Friday: I was very happy to see that the wildflowers were coming out on my trip to the sports day. I have missed them the past few years in that place. Have even been wondering if they flower every year. They are so stunning. They are different to the ones where I grew up.

I got to try wasabi peas that I saw on a blog once. Coles has them! I love horseradish and hot English mustard. It was heaven on the first shocking taste.

I was able to get the pantry items I wanted that we can't buy here easily. I bought caper berries, which unfortunately don't seem to have many online recipes.

Saturday: Hubby was able to do some of his work from work in the car while he waited for our second son who went to the university to get some tips for his upcoming Year 12 exams. They have a special program and we have to travel 1 1/2 hours to go to ours. It was pleasant weather for him to be doing this.

Even though our eldest daughter who is 15 isn't a loud person, it was very quiet without her on Saturday. She attended a church family camp. Yes, the family wasn't there, but I am thankful she was able to go by herself and get rides. She had a wonderful time. She went by herself, her sister couldn't come as we needed her here in case coming home on Sunday interfered with her early morning start to her school excursion to the city.

Sunday: There were funny things happening like hearing what sounded like a dog trying to climb up the wall. After investigating I found a window open. He must have been trying to jump into the house! The dog has brought back yard fun back into our children's lives while they are still young enough to do those sorts of things.

I really enjoyed our meal as well, a great pumpkin dish mentioned in this week's Menu Plan Monday post.

Bundled, Blessed & Headin' West by G. Harvey
Bundled, Blessed & Headin' West


Monday: Today I got the letter I have been waiting on for a week, so now I won't have to wonder what is in it. Our solicitor was also able to talk about it, which is such a blessing.

We also were able to get a short notice appointment for our puppy who we thought somehow had now caught conjunctivitis. He just had been rubbing his eye so much it is sore. But thankfully he hasn't done any damage and we have tablets and cream until we work out when he is to have surgery.

I felt blessed to finally visit the vet's and see what it was like. My husband has a tiny bit of time free and we were able to go together, which is a special treat.

I finally got to read Santuary by Beverly Lewis. I had been putting it off. It was scarey. I haven't finished it yet, and I am sure it will be fine. But to me, some books have too much information. I loved the other ones I have read recently by that author though. If anyone who reads this only reads Beverly Lewis plus the Bible and self help books, you may like Philip Gulley, Janette Oke or Jan Karon. I haven't read them for awhile though. Though that weirdo that stays with Father Tim was something else wasn't she? Help!

I felt blessed by a stunning banksia rose up close and one I saw driving around.

There was a big thunderstorm, well short lived, and thankfully I didn't get wet and the lightening didn't last long and we still had power.

I got two books in the mail from ebay. The Honorable Imposter by Gilbert Morris and Across The Years by Tracie Peterson. I know nothing about the books, but I think they will be nice. It is not that easy to get these kinds of books on ebay. I did have the very ones I wanted on ebay a few weeks ago, but they were very popular and I didn't get any. Which was probably a good thing for my finances!

Tuesday: I was thankful for the pleasant weather and not feeling too hot or cold.

Our vet was very helpful and caring towards our puppy, very efficient.

I was happy to hear news that my daughter is having a good time on her school trip.

Very thankful also to hear she may be able to get a lift, as we withheld some money that we could use somewhere else, plus I don't think I would be able to drive feeling as tired as I do. The people who offered a lift will be staying overnight. Overwise the kids will be too tired to participate in the sports as well as the other children.

Wednesday: I was thankful when I realised how cold it was in the house to walk in the lounge and find that hubby had lit the fire this morning. Also that he made some time to take the dog to the vet for his surgery just at 9am.

I saw another Tracie Peterson book for $2, and I bought it.

The ride is all organised. Looking forward to eating the stroganoff tonight. A surprise in the mail. The music CD I thought wasn't coming. Adam Brand's Good Friends album. One of the songs is slightly out of my comfort zones but some are great!

The stroganoff was very nice! We used broad beans and peas.

Comments

Denise said…
I enjoyed this post sweetie.
Anonymous said…
I love how you celebrate thankfulness every day of the week!!

Popular Posts