Thankful Thursday ~ October 2


Thursday ~ Got the menu and grocery list done. It saved money so that was good. I only got what we needed which was less as there was only the three of us here out of our family of six not including our grown son, as the girls were away on holiday.

We got our puppy registered with the council. It is nice having hubby home on holiday to tie up these loose ends so we can start off the new school term unharried, being able to concentrate on term time things, this term will be busy with our son doing VCE and hubby doing lots of similar things.

Friday ~ I got to go to the new house and enjoy the garden. We got a tree planted and found a place for a new one.

Saturday ~ My favourite national football team that has special memories for me won a Grand Final after 19 years? and the team nearly disbanding in the meantime. Hubby and second son were home in time to watch after collecting firewood.

Sunday ~ Having the opportunity just to stare into space, out the window at the leaves on the gumtree.

Monday ~ Today I was able to walk up the street with hubby, which is unusual and we found some lovely cookbooks at the op-shop.

Tuesday ~ Lots of blessings. My husband and second son were very nice and hard working. The end result was jelly cakes for our eldest daughter's birthday in the fridge, a batch of pickles on the counter and mulch on the garden and my library books picked up. We were able to have a third day of meals from the one batch of Chili Con Carne.

Wednesday ~ Even though I am very tired tonight, I am very grateful how everything turned out for the girls and our family. I got my teeth checked and cleaned and so did my middle daughter. I have been so worried about our dental commitments. It is a 2 hour plus drive there. I had money for exactly what I needed, which was a birthday present for our eldest daughter who needed to buy her present at the larger shops there. Also the money for middle daughter's netball that she starts next week.

Neither of us had holes and the people at the office who did the work were very kind which I needed after the effort to get there.

With the help of my Mum, the girls had all their needs met. There have been various niggling things in the clothes line for months, that have all been sorted out, with Mum's effort and patience and the shops available to her. It seems like all our problems have been fixed!

The only thing I didn't get was shaving cream in Imperial Leather I think we need.

I was able to give my Mum the chocolate vine I promised her. I came home to some clean floors which was welcome.

Comments

Denise said…
Sweet blessings to you dear one.
Laurie Ann said…
Thanks for sharing your grateful heart with us. Hope you have a happy Thankful Thursday!

Popular Posts