Thankful Thursday ~ October 23


Thursday: My daughter got to stay in a nice motel with a family who took her to compete in the regional sports for schools. She took her new togs/swimmers that she asked me to buy when she competed in the sports the time before. She stayed in our hometown which was nice for her.

Our puppy appreciated his surgery so much he got a burst of energy. The kids said he was "full of beans".

Friday: Our daughter came sixth which was great. Her friend's Mum wrote down her times for her.

Saturday: Finding out that a plant that we love has self-seeded and there is a great replacement plant that is a good size already.

Getting our other house tidy on the outside to make it look loved.

Sunday: My husband's work mate bought him some Italian cheese from Melbourne.

Monday: I had a nice talk to my Mum on the phone. I also had something bothering me all week and I was given some peace on it. I don't mind if it is temporary, it just got me out of a space I was in. It is a very difficult time of year for us normally and just a matter of holding on until it is over. Sometimes work is hard, but maybe in this case balances out over the year. I do forget where the stress comes from, then when I remember the pattern I go, oh yeah...

Tuesday: A lovely $2 Tracie Peterson book arrived from ebay with lovely wrapping and a bookmark! The link has an excerpt in it.

A big bag of bones for the puppy.

My daughter actually changed around two rooms so she could have a room to herself. It was a worry to me but it looks great. She took apart the bunk.

Wednesday: I found three books to put on my list at the library. I got them from library thing. A lady called LetterPerfect has similar books to me, and I got the authors from her list. I had already read Kristen Heitzmann, but found the library had two books I hadn't read. I know I will enjoy them. Though I remember the series I read did have violent parts in it, but not too bad.

I was blessed by a warm fire in the heater that hubby lit this morning. I was worried about driving to grocery shopping without air-conditioning but it has turned cold so that should help.

My middle daughter again, was able to stay behind ballet class and learnt how to sew ribbons on her shoes.

We got our gas, our cheese, washing powder and milk that we buy at the farmer's shop, and our shopping list nearly done.

We have a plan to fix our air-conditioning in the car, but still it was a worry.

Blessings by Sue Allemand
Blessings

Comments

The dB family said…
I just read a book by Kristen Heitzmann this summer. I really enjoyed it. I should check to see if our library has any more by her.

There's nothing like curling up with a good book when it turns cold.
Karen said…
Hello, Linda,
It's very nice to meet you, too. Thanks for stopping by my blog!This week was my first time doing the Simple Woman's daybook, but I have read Peggy's blog for about 2 years now. I see on your profile that we share the same interest in movies as well as books. I love reading Christian-fiction. I haven't yet read any of the authors that are your favorites, but I will be sure to check them out. Again, thanks for stopping by~~and for becoming a friend! Many blessings! Karen
DeniseinVA said…
I've enjoyed reading about your week and reminds me to count my own blessings. A great post.
Caroline said…
THANKYOU for sharing your Thankful Thursday with us. It helped me to remember we all ride the waves of good things & the not so good. Most things I look back on I wonder why I let them bother me in the start, but at the time it was very real & important.
Hope puppy is well now.What is his name??
Caroline said…
Sorry bad moment!! Just read puppies name was miki
Hill upon Hill said…
It is so cold here, snow on the mountains.
Linda said…
I couldn't decide what to wear today and was a little cold up the street. The snow on Mt. Kosiosko is nearly gone. We have urgent chimney repairs to do before it rains. In the meantime the heater is on. My car was hotter than outside or in the house.
Denise said…
Thanks for sharing your sweet blessings.
Anonymous said…
Thank you for sharing your wonderful week.
Grammy said…
This is my first time on thankful Thursday. I very much enjoyed your post. And glad to here that things worked out for you.
Be blessed
Grammy
A heartfelt list of thankfuls.
Mama bear
Unknown said…
Beautiful thankful list!

Thank you for sharing His goodness with us!

Blessings in His precious, holy name!
Jill
Laurie Ann said…
Thank you so much for sharing the blessings of Thankful Thursday with us. Hope you have a happy day!
Anonymous said…
I just love your daily thanks!

Popular Posts