Thankful Thursday ~ October 30


The theme for today is Five Senses - sight, hearing, touch, taste, and smell.

Thursday: I finally got to shop in the town that I usually shop in. I have been away from there for probably six weeks, as I had to go to the large town for my daughter's sports and to my hometown to pick up the kids from a holiday with family. I was so looking forward to shopping back there again.

I didn't get the meat that I usually get, so came home a bit light. But I did get my meals planned. Hubby went to the shop on the weekend and got some meat. He had to go twice as the butcher was just arriving with the meat as he was leaving the first time.

I was so thankful it wasn't hot, in fact a little chilly to start with as my car's airconditioning isn't working and the car needs it, it isn't like the older type of cars.

I got to see the start of the hay baling in the country.

Friday: I achieved a goal in getting a top for my daughter's netball.

I was really happy how my daughter's early morning ballet class went.

Saturday: I got to see some of my lovely flowers at my new house of one year.

My husband and I actually got to go there with just us and our six year old daughter who was no trouble.

When we got nearly home a saw a paddock of newly wrapped hay bales with a glorious backdrop and the smell of hay. It was stunning.

We got the tools we needed, and came home and fixed our chimney. We were very happy that the part got pop rivetted back on before it rained.

Sunday: I saw some zebra finches. They come when you have aphids on your roses or apple tree seedlings. A bit of a consolation prize. They are very cute, and I love them. I love the sound they make as well. They were nice and close to the front of the house for two days. I could hear them inside.

Monday: I ended up liking the book at the library, at least a little bit.

I was blessed by a set of photos my son sent me from his outing on the weekend. He says I can post them, they are very nice. He bought his girlfriend a nice camera.

I had a nice afternoon which made all the difference to me. When I walked to school the wind etc. reminded me of shearing season when I was little.

My son is on study leave for school. His hardest subject is English. Today he went in to school and did a practise exam and wrote two pages, so I was pleased. He asked the teacher how much he needs to aim for in the real exam.

Tuesday: Coming home to the smell of roses. On investigation I found it was the rose that was bought by my MIL when my daughter was born, they have the same name. We didn't plant it until we moved here. The photo was taken by my second son.



I also was sitting in the car waiting for my middle daughter to finish sports, and saw something like mini tumble weeds or particles of something floating around on the breeze.

Wednesday: I got right into the book in the end, so much so I may blog about it later. It was good as I needed not to think about facing the fact that my husband's work has no need for two of its people and will name people soon.

When I bought some caper berries when I went to the regional centre, or town large enough to have Aldi and Target, I found it hard to find a recipe for them. I tried a new type of nicoise salad, and I thought, I already have a nicoise salad recipe. It turned out fantastic, I loved it. It was a posh recipe but I thought why not make it similar to the one we normally make? The thing that make it really nice was the aioli rather than a dressing even though they are similar. It reminds me of a recipe for vitello tonnato I used to love making many years ago.

I also enjoyed watching Jamie's Ministry of Food again, and enjoying more airborne objects floating magically past my kitchen window in the late afternoon light.

Looking back through the week, a lot happened, wow. End of year 12 class parties, the works. Hard things but good things as well. I nearly didn't post, but I am always glad I did.

Count your Blessings by Martin Wiscombe
Count your Blessings

Comments

Caroline said…
Well Linda as per usual I'm so glad you posted to. Sounds like you have alot going on for you at the moment
Tania said…
Oh Linda, I hope your husbands work turns out okay. Must be a worrying time for your family.

Great post as always.

Tania
Karen said…
Linda~

Come by my blog~I have an award for you!

Karen
Unknown said…
Linda you have had a busy week. I guess when we write down what we do they are probably all busy!!

love the rose what is the name of it??

daisymum
Linda said…
Thanks Caroline, thanks Tania.

Karen thank you so much for the award, that is lovely. I am checking it out now. I sounds like a very nice award to receive, I am honored.

Hi daisymum7. The rose is Amelia. It is tall and has beautiful autumn colours in the leaves.
Denise said…
Thanks for counting your blessings dear.
Grammy said…
You had a busy week. I am glad to see you still have flowers in bloom. This may be our last week as the weather is changing.
Grammy
Anonymous said…
count your blessings... amen! ♥
Debra Kaye said…
What a beautiful thankful heart you have! I enjoyed this!

Blessings to you today!
Unknown said…
Linda, Praying for God's provision with all that is going on in your life!

Thank you for sharing all that you did with us!

In His amazing grace,
Jill
Laurie Ann said…
Thank you so much for sharing your blessings with us...I enjoyed them - and the picture of that flower is gorgeous! Happy Thankful Thursday to you.
Anonymous said…
This is great TT list and thanks for sharing dear... God bless...
Mary said…
Linda thanks for sharing your daily blessings. God is good.
I wish we had that new Jamie Oliver programme over here.

Gill in Canada
Lakeland Jo said…
I really enjoyed reading the counting your blessings/ thankful Thursday post.It's a great idea to think in this way often. I was off sick for ten months last year and things weren't looking so good for a while.I remember that time every day and I am so happy and thankful to be here.
Thanks for an inspiring blog

Popular Posts