That's My World Tuesday


I have put this post in My World this week because it is spring here in Australia. These were taken on Sunday. Spring finishes on the last day of November. It has been cool where we are.

Earlier on in the month I wrote a post about gardening at our current house. This post is about our new house of one year.

Today it tidied up nicely, there is a lot of lawn to mow there. We didn't finish, but hubby got the watering system adjusted to water the row of David Austin roses and the altered garden bed that I have spoken of earlier.

Our son usually helps with the mowing, but every weekend for three weeks he has been doing extra study at school. His Dad started off well, but hayfever got the better of him.

I was there on Saturday and found some nice things to look at. This first plant was stuck inside the other one. Originally it came from my Mum's garden, so I am not sure what it is called.



The false valarian is something I have always wanted to grow, especially through a picket fence, so I have almost achieved that. It does look very nice at the moment, and is not far from a pink rose and they look nice together.



This is my favourite iris, I miss it here, all of it has gone to the new house. It was just in a box at the bottom, fragments at a street stall.


This is a new plant hubby brought home yesterday from the craft shop. So I am not sure what it is called either.



Heucera is a favourite of mine from childhood. I was able to buy one from the craft shop I think a couple of years ago. Mum used to grow it with roses.



This is my new plant a flowering tobacco, I also have seeds I think, but we haven't managed to do anything with them yet.


Comments

JGH said…
I'm not good about the latin names, but the purple mystery flower looks like a spiderwort - at least that's what they're called here. They grew well in my shade garden last year.

I'm tickled by the aspiration to grow "through a picket fence". Sometimes it's all about the context, isn't it?
Karen said…
Linda,
I love your flower pictures. They are so pretty. It's neat to think that you are now in spring, with spring-like weather, and all the lovely flowers, and we are in fall--approaching winter. :-)
Karen
flmom said…
All so lovely, but especially the iris! I always think of one of my aunts whenever I see an iris because she used to be crazy about them.
Louise said…
I agree with jgh on the identification of the purple flower. I've never seen them cultivated, only wild.

Lovely pictures. A bit jealous of your spring!
Guy D said…
Beautiful colors. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!

Regina In Pictures
Anonymous said…
Hi Linda! Beautiful flowers.
However your post is not exactly, what MyWorld is about. It is more about becoming a virtual tourist guide, showing us the world you live in - and what makes Victoria so special. Hope that helps as explanation for next week? Uh - and please be so kind to remember entering Name AND Country next time!
Thanks!
Your MyWorld Team
imac said…
Beautiful flowers from your part of the world.
Anonymous said…
beautiful spring colors. we have fall colors out here, but it's nice to see yours.
Linda said…
My son was hovering and I clicked too quickly, but I fixed it, thankfully.

I debated about the flowers. But so many people don't realise about the season differences. My husband went to the US and that and the time differences were a big part of the trip.

That's My World Tuesday was introduced in a slightly different way to how it is now, but I will do my best.
Linda: Those are neat flower photos. I would like to see more of your countryside.

I'm sure you know what the team comment means. This would be a neat post for Today's Flowers which I do before this meme.
Linda said…
OK I admit to an error in blogging judgement.
EG CameraGirl said…
Yep, the purple flower is spiderwort, aka tradescantia. So summer starts for you in just a few days! Then you don't wait till December 21 to declare it summer? That's very interesting!
You have a very pretty, my world.
Rose said…
I enjoyed your post...always find it fascinating to think about it being the opposite season there.
Linda said…
It's embarassing I think since I learnt of it, that it should fit with the 21st. But it seems to work.
Unknown said…
Very nice piccies. It always seems so odd to me, that as we go to sleep for winter, you are just awakening to spring
Unknown said…
Linda I loved the photos of your flowers so different from what we can grow here.

Don't quite get all the fuss about blogging rules and certain posts having to conform.

As far as I am concerned post what you like ,call it what you like and let the organisational boffins types take a running jump.

daisymum
Arija said…
Running two gardens at the same time under Auzzie conditions is a joband a half. Lovely flowers you have in your. If you would like to see what is flowering in my garden,
I have a flower post some way down on mine.
Oman said…
Thank you for the wonderful tour. This 2nd week of meme really makes us appreciate the many places that we don't usually see or ever had a chance to visit like the one you showed me in this post. Hope you get to have time to check my world too. Another great job and more to come in the coming weeks.
Sandra said…
Wonderful flowers! I can't pick my favorite. Bye and greetings form Croatia
Tania said…
Hi Linda,

I love the colour of the iris, I have never seen one like that before.I thought they only came in two colours purple ones and white ones. The other plants are perfect also.

Tania
Linda said…
Hi Tania. One of the first iris' I ever saw was this yellow one on a recent similar post in SA.

http://pilskalns.blogspot.com/2008/10/todays-flowers-3.html

The ones I got were mixed in a box and were all very similar which I was thrilled about.
The dB family said…
Beautiful! It's so nice to see photos of fresh new flowers when everthing here is bedding down for the long cold winter.

Popular Posts