Thankful Thursday ~ October 9


The theme for this week is Grace. I had a look around the web about this subject and found the song But For The Grace of God by Keith Urban.

These are the things I am thankful for this week.

Thursday:
Our little girl was very co-operative and tried on many clothes so we could sort them out. In the end we took six shopping bags away to the op-shop.

Friday: We have been wanting to move a large aucuba for many months, maybe a whole year. Hubby and our second son did that and it helps. He very kindly took some pictures with my phone. He found out how to make them larger.

Saturday: The girls, the youngest ones, were blessed to be able to go to a church event run by the Scripture Union. Our eldest made two lovely heads that the wheat grass grows on, very nice. And our youngest daughter made a rice worry ball type thing. I like both of them. Our eldest wasn't keen on going but she had a nice time, and think forgot that aspect of it, which is great.

I felt blessed that my eldest daughter fried two eggs and had two hamburger buns sliced and decided she didn't want them, so I had a nice lunch I thought.

The church gave us pens so we can look at the youth group calendar and be more on top of what is going on so we can join in. It had a web address on it.

Sunday: All I can think of is that I enjoyed watching Idol. I think we enjoyed playing with the new puppy.

Monday: I was blessed to be able to watch the end of my daughter's netball game. She was taught how to play and was quite good for a beginner. We found the change in colour for her team and had enough time to do what we wanted to do. I enjoyed watching a ballet class as well.

Tuesday: I was happy that I thought to go onto the Access Education website. I just had enough time to organise a class to go to for my son. I hope it is helpful. Actually I am sure it will be.

Wednesday: My middle daughter got a lift from netball to ballet, so it was quiet and organised after school. I loved the tea/dinner we had. It was sweet potatoes with kidney beans and spinach. My husband very carefully cut the sweet potato and baked it and it was very nice. Then I was blessed by watching the first episode of Jamie Oliver's Ministry of Food (Channel 10, Wednesday). Did anyone see it and understand what happened to that lovely girl who couldn't afford the bus ticket to buy the food? I wonder how Jamie is going to resolve it all? Today I found there is a video of the meatballs and I learnt something about the oil. My kids are very keen to try these meatballs.

My husband kindly bought some peppermint essence after work. When we get our delivery of eggs tomorrow my daughter is going to make some homemade candy canes. I was blessed by this recipe because we get cheap candy canes here and I am alergic to them sometimes. By the way, any Australians reading that get to go to the US, Walgreens lollies or candy are very nice, I assume it hasn't changed much. American lollies taste better than ours, who would have thought? As for Halloween candy, Usafoods have sold out, but our kids don't care for that brand, we don't have the palate for it. We did enjoy the big bags of Halloween candy you can buy in the US. Other than that we had some great jelly lollies from The Warehouse once. Tried in Target, this was going back about four years and found not much.

I don't eat lollies myself really. But enjoyed the bit of fun.




Person Holding Rock with the Word Blessings in Rushing Water
Person Holding Rock with the Word Blessings in Rushing Water

Comments

Felicity said…
I was going to tell you about USA Foods, but I see you already know it! I love that site for the Crystal Light, and the Jello Chocolate Pudding.

Very nice to see another Aussie on the TT carnival.

Blessings
Felicity
Denise said…
Thanks for sharing your blessings.
Unknown said…
It is nice to hear others thankful hearts and spirits as I go through each of the blogs listed and yours is very sweet!

Have a blessed day!
In His amazing grace,
Jill
Melanie said…
So glad you shared your blessed week with us! Happy Thankful Thursday!
Marsha said…
I've never tried to make candy canes before. At Christmas my children and I used to make candy cane cookies, but we always bought our candy canes. I hope you can post a picture of them sometime.
Blessings.
You have a blessed life. Thank you for sharing
Anonymous said…
i love the way you list small blessings and when you look at them as a whole, you'd see how God continues to bless you everyday. happy TT and God bless. ♥
Linda said…
Marsha ours looked like the picture in the word link, they are quite large, ours slightly browned and not quite as well formed. Very nice to eat.

Popular Posts