Back To Basics Challenge - Week 7



Sowing seed or Planting

We are still drying out a gorgeous poppy that hubby found growing at the tip for seed.

Planning for The Future
- meal planning, the next seasons garden plan, working out storage plans or more long term goals and projects like plans for digging root cellars

My husband bought two cookbooks from the Salvation Army store. This particular store always seems to have great books, especially text books. He was going past the store on a trip and stopped in. I got some more ideas for pork which we cook a lot of as I can buy it easily. There was also a great vegetarian dish and other ideas for Asian food I hadn't come across before. It will be a good thing to help me with ideas in the future.

Working for the Future
- storing food, managing stores, preserving, building that home made cob or solar oven, adding house insulation, saving for manual grain mills etc

Another lot of hampers came, and beforehand I moved some things that had been in there to the bottom of the freezer, the warmest place so I could put the new things higher up. We have been using some of the hamper frozen things for snacks after ballet.

Building Community
- volunteering, donations, joining an existing community group, forming your own community group, taking a cake to a friend having a hard time, calling someone you just let drift out of your life, etc

On Friday and Saturday I helped out at ballet. My daughter rang the teacher, and she asked if I could fill on for someone. I specifically asked if I was needed on Saturday, and my memory is so bad, even though I specifically asked, I wasn't sure what was said later. But the ballet started on time and I am sure I was useful somewhere along the line.

Learn a new Skill


I should take more note of this area. It is possible I am learning new things, and when it comes to Sunday I just think there is nothing automatically. I did learn something from that new cookbook. Here is something close. We tried a yoghurt smoothy recipe, with milk, honey and frozen berries. If we get the mixing technique right I know they would be very enjoyable. I felt much better, a great afternoon pick me up. Maybe to me yoghurt is soothing because I like it, also the protein couldn't hurt.

Please visit Belinda's blog to find out more about this meme.

Comments

DeniseinVA said…
Looks like another great meme and always interesting to read your posts.

Popular Posts