Back to Basics ~ November 9


Working for the future:

Today my husband did some weeding at our new house. It had rained a lot. It can rain quite a lot here at once. So rather than have it all gone now, though it is nearly summer, it was still soft enough to weed near the fence. We have it planned to continue painting it. It is an expensive fence but has never been painted. He also sowed a lawn for the same reason. Last time it rained we sowed some in another spot and it took because of the moisture in the soil. Hopefully it will work again. It will save dust in the future. We moved some beds around and had those nice soiled places to sow to lawn. The old beds were a risk with snakes, the way little room to walk in.

We haven't had to water the lawn at that house at all. Not sure if we managed the lawn well and it grew better than the previous year as we seemed to have more grass, rather than just couch, or maybe it was a good year.

My contribution was to hold down the fort at home as the kids were coming and going.

Managing Stores:

Did I mention I shut the door of the freezer as someone had left it open and things were nearly thawed out?

Planning for the Future:

I did a lot of research last night. It was related to finding cheap housing, and I hope I don't have to use my research, but it pays to be a step or two ahead sometimes without getting too involved in it.

Menu Planning:

I have got one week done for the fortnight, one week to go.

Building Community:

In order to help we have a more positive attitude to building community, I looked it up and found this page. It suggests that building community is "respectful connectedness". That I can handle. I like that idea a lot.

I found that a lot of negative, though I was trying to be reasonable, attitudes I had built up where in some ways put to rest today, and for that I was glad.

Well my first btb post was ok, hopefully it will get better with time.

Ballerina Bears Ii by Sarah Bengry
Ballerina Bears Ii

Comments

Popular Posts