A Day In My Life ~ November


I was waiting in my car at school with the windows down this afternoon. My daughter asked me to park closer. Earlier on when I started parking in my favourite spot, there was only one closer I could get to the school. Lately I could park closer to the school if I wish to, so I did for her. I heard an announcement over the PA that the Uniting Church was doing Spotlight (on Christmas) today. I had read about it previously in the newsletter.

When my daughter was coming out I met her and talked to the lady that was taking the children to the church.

When I picked her up from Spotlight, there was no sign of them. Last time, earlier in the year they did a puppet show in the church, so I went out the front under the trees. I could see the lights on in the church. It was quite hot, so I went to the front to wait comfortably. There were two kinds of gorgeous windsocks, or kites drying on the handrail there. There was a light breeze so it was all very lovely. A teacher here does the puppet shows and I briefly saw them. Lovely stuff.

I chatted to my daughter's kinder teacher who I haven't seen for a long while, so it was all very nice.

We came home and Dad was home from work and he hung the windsock on the front verandah. Maybe in the morning I can get a photo.

My daughter has been saving a packet of Chocolate Ripple biscuits since shopping day last Friday. She ate her packet of Butternut Snaps prior to this. I told our second son how to make Chocolate Ripple Cake from memory, but to make sure I didn't make a fool of myself I quickly looked for it on the internet and found this delightful video from Channel 10.

They managed to get a row of biscuits glued with cream and ran out of cream. I was like David Reyne and kept crunching into the left over biscuits. By this time our eldest daughter had left for Youth Group. I watched a little bit of the UK Ready Steady Cook.






She had been home for a little while I think talking to me about her tax file number that had come in the mail. Later on she talked to her Dad about how many hours she has to put into her Hospitality course next year. She is worried that she won't get in, because of the bits of homework she hasn't done.

I hadn't seen our middle daughter since this morning, when she came home from ballet in her leotard. She had her little suitcase and her schoolbag. She went with her friend to a church fete after school and is staying overnight.

During the day I talked to our eldest son on the phone. He rang me from his flat. He has time off work to study for his exams and has the final one next Wednesday.

At lunchtime we reheated some left overs that we really enjoyed for tea, pasta & beans. Our middle son had his first day at home after his exams and he was very quiet which was nice. He is actually doing his final year again next year, and next week he is starting that. They do it at our school, start off for next year. We were discussing his new teacher for Chemistry.

He started school young, so I don't think it will hurt anything. English is his weak point and you have to pass unit 3 and 4 to go to uni, even though you don't need two to pass VCE.

I have been reading a novel by Emilie Richards and enjoying it. Also enjoying the nice breeze that came in the window after about 6pm.

I could hear our dog barking and moving his bowls around for a game. Before that I was looking at the Christmas hampers that are being delivered in two weeks. Hubby was worried as he may not be home to help. Luckily there is not too much coming on that particular day.

I had a little look on real estate pages earlier on in the day. I think it made things clear as mud!

We had this for tea, and enjoyed it too. It reminded us so much of a family favourite from an old Women's Weekly BBQ cookbook using left over sausages.

Comments

Tilly said…
Now there you go posting sausage recipes again. My hubby is going to start wanting to come to your house for his tea (sausage mad!). Mind you it'd be a bit of a trek for him - lol!
Anonymous said…
Those Chocolate Ripple Biscuits-are they thin, crisp chocolate cookies? The photo looks like a real treat we make for special occasions called a Chocolate Log. The maker of the chocolate cookies is Nabisco and they are called Chocolate Wafers. You sandwich them together with lightly sweetened whipping cream and continue to do so until it is as long as you'd like (around here we need to use more than ONE box of cookies!) and then cover the whole thing with whipping cream, pop in the fridge for 4 hours or so and then slice on a diagonal...it's like a moist cake...I COULD eat the WHOLE thing!! When Trapper's mom gets home for the holidays, she'll make two for Christmas EVE dessert..we fight over who gets to lick the plate clean!!!
Linda said…
This is the site of Arnotts, maybe they have a picture of them there.
http://www.arnotts.com.au/recipes/ChocRippleCake.aspx

Popular Posts