Fall Into Reading


Fall Into Reading started, you know, when Fall started on September 22 or actually the first post was over a week before that. (For those in my country I have been basically learning when it starts and finishes, and when I want to know something I go to Annie's Holiday Pages. Fall finishes on December 20, so no, it doesn't follow our spring exactly.) I am now very sorry I didn't start at the start because I have been reading, and I have been doing reviews, or one at least. I have some book related posts ready to go this week actually. I am not sure why I didn't start but it has turned out to be a good match as I said.

Of course it is not Fall here, so I hope that is OK, we can relate to the pumpkins for Halloween a little and the pinecones for Christmas. I have a pinecone collection.

So many people have joined up for this event, and such a lovely long page of book reviews. It is all happening at Callapidder Days.

Today after getting a note from ebay about a book available by Lauraine Snelling, I found another one, then found my library had more books by Lauraine Snelling and Beverly Lewis than I realised. The librarian had been buying some books, but must have bought some more when I wasn't looking! So I have scribbled on my calender to order them when I have finished the books I have now. Since some of the books are sitting in my local library, if I order them now I will have to read them straight away! Which is impossible.

So this is fantastic, I can list them here instead of trying to remember what they are later. Not much chance of success there, remembering later.

I wonder if I can mention the books I have already read since this started or is that cheating? I have rambled on about them in my Simple Woman's posts etc. it would be nice to give them proper status here.

Books already read:

Laura by Donald Zochert
The Shunning by Beverly Lewis
Across The Years by Tracie Peterson,
Santuary by Beverly Lewis,
Daughter of the Loom by Tracie Peterson
Wedding Ring, Emilie Richards
The Confession, Beverly Lewis
The Reckoning, Beverly Lewis

My books waiting to be read:

Two I probably will take back, but this is what I have so far.

Yellow Rose Bride by Lori Copeland
Rush of Wings by Kristen Heitzmann (currently reading)
Fancy Pants by Cathy Marie Hake (excerpt included in link, free reading!)
Virgin of Small Plains by Nancy Pickard (sounds yuck)
King Solomon's Mines by H Rider Haggard
Parting Glass by Emilie Richards, I have just finished a book by her, a quilting book called Wedding Ring, a great de-cluttering book, review coming.

Recently purchased books:

Amethyst, Lauraine Snelling (excerpt included in link)
Saturday Morning, Lauraine Snelling
Rivers of Gold, Tracie Peterson
Honorable Imposter by Gilbert Morris

My books to order when I have finished my pile:

A Touch of Grace, Lauraine Snelling
Sophie's Dilema, Lauraine Snelling
The Parting, Beverly Lewis
The Forbidden, Beverly Lewis
October Song, Beverly Lewis

A book I have bought secondhand that I wish to read:

Anne of Green Gables (see previous post)

My accidental book reviews: Fool's Puzzle by Earlene Fowler.

Going on the rate I am reading so far my list is not ridulous. I am so glad to have some reading to go on with. The ones I lined up have appeared out of nowhere. I need to do a roundup when the Fall Into Reading is finished to let you know how I went and keep adding my book reviews to the group list.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Linda

I love Earlene Fowler books they are so easy to read and fun.

No I didn' see that progrma baout large families I guess in a lot of ways we are quite old fashioned. Our kids think their friends get too much and work too little for it so I guess we must be doing something right.

Plus all of them know what a lcean bathroom and toilet means and how to get it like that and they all know how to cook. I am staring down the barrel of six daughters in law so I am not about to hand over a boy who can't cook and clean (because most of the girls they bring home can't !!!)

daisymum
Unknown said…
hey Linda how on earth are you getting so many books read and so much computer time??? How does your day run????

daisymum
Linda said…
So far I am averaging one book a week, and I am getting faster. I know I have been on the computer a lot this week. It is probably keeping my mind off things until we get the news.

I do gets lots of help.
Anonymous said…
Linda, Virgin of Small Plains is a wonderful book by a truly talented writer. Do you think it's "yuck" because of the title? Or how it's described on the jacket?

I hope you change your mind once you read it. Nancy Pickard has written 16 other books, plus numerous short stories, and is a gifted and generous teacher. Her books are well-written and intriguing.

Anyway, read it and see.
Linda said…
Both things I think. I am glad to hear it is good, thank you.
Linda said…
I have found three other books on ebay, checked my library and found the librarian has been busy again!

I will read these too, and order them when I don't already have a pile.

They are Return of Red River series.
Believing The Dream
More Than A Dream
& A Dream To Follow
Linda said…
I have also added Touching Stars, and the other books after Wedding Ring into the mix.

Popular Posts