More Quilting Novels

Awhile ago I posted a book review about Earlene Fowler and her quilting novels, the Benni Harper series. All the novels are named after quilts. Her novels are murder mysteries, and they must be OK as I don't usually read murder mysteries and I have read the whole set.

Another book I have read that relates to quilts is the first book in the Elm Creek Series by Jennifer Chiaverini. Although not Christian it is perhaps better in a lot of ways. I remember it to be a perfect gentle read. It included stories about the War.

Now I have just finished reading Emilie Richard's Wedding Ring that I posted about last Saturday. The trilogy I came across reminds me of Earlene Fowler in that the novels are named after quilt patterns, part of the Shenandoah Album series. There is also a mystery side to Emilie Richards that you can see here if you like mysteries.

Other quilting novels include Sandra Dallas that I have mentioned before, and Wanda Brunstetter both mentioned here.

Wanda is an Amish writer. The first book in her series may be disturbing for those with a large family. I am not fond of the God can overcome any adversity styled books, where the adversity is very alarming. One of the last books I read, Christian was about organised crime sorry Beverly Lewis fans.

Sandra Dallas is very interesting, but some very sad things happen in her books. Sometimes the main characters are criminals and you are supposed to relate to them living happily ever after.

Is Emilie Richards my favourite? Earlene Fowler and Emilie Richards are similar. I think I have learnt a lot by reading both of them. Some people find Earlene Fowler's books embarassing, and I think Emilie Richards would be in the same category. I think Sandra Dallas is worse though. Is that why Jennifer Chiavereri seems dull in comparison? I think I would have to read another one before I could say that.

By the way I love Raggedy Ann. My Mum encouraged me to buy a cot quilt for my daughter's room at the craft shop, because it was Raggedy Ann. I had had good luck with Raggedy Ann on ebay in the past, books and dolls, and one we found at the Salvation Army store I think. I came across this real life Raggedy Ann story, fantastic!

Country Herb Collection by Linda Stubbs
Country Herb Collection

Comments

Joolz said…
Hi Linda - I've tagged you for an award. Drop by and pick it up.

Cheers - Joolz
flmom said…
I adore the Elm Creek Quilts book series and have read them all. I can sit down with one in the morning and not come up for air until I have devoured the entire book in a matter of hours!
Monica said…
Those quilting stories are very popular but I have not read any of them yet. People are very interested in them, though. They have quite a following, esp. the Chiaverini ones.~Monica
Tilly said…
Interesting author reviews - I haven't read any of them at all so they were all new to me. I wonder if they are available over here, not that I have much time to read at the moment.

For some reason Raggedy Anne gives me the creeps!
Linda said…
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/r/emilie-richards/

Popular Posts