Thankful Thursday ~ November 13


The theme for this week is life.

Thursday:
We got tyres for our main car, the one I drive which I appreciated. I also found some nice books on ebay.

Friday: That our supply of wood is lasting even though we have a cold spring.

I found some lamb mince in the supermarket and a good feta pasta recipe to use it with.

My daughter and I got to spend some time together in lieu of Grandparent's Day at school. We had a day out and we got groceries and looked at wildflowers along the roadside. She bought a toy dog for her collection, which now numbers three.

Saturday: My eldest daughter got to go to her camp that was post-poned because of rain.

Sunday: A camera to buy. I was using a borrowed camera and the lense got stuck. We replaced it with a newer one. The newer one I didn't like as much. I found one like the old one. I hope I get it. I have one, but it needs batteries and they are expensive. It is still a blessing though and our son gave it to us when he bought a new one. The best thing about it is because it is old it is cheap.

Monday: Watching the puppy play and ballet photos by email of my daughter. She had been saying she wished she had photos of that particular day.

Tuesday: Today was the day we were bracing ourselves for bad news but none came. I got a nice book in the mail that had a delightful cover. Got some cleaning done that blesses me.

Wednesday: I got word that my husband's job is safe, at least for another year, which gives us more time to at least make our second house livable. Someone volunteered and that person was named along with another one. The one that volunteered did some of the work my husband does, not sure if it helped but it may have. If anyone feels like praying for blessings for that person who gave us his job, that would be wonderful. I hope he is blessed. We were supposed to hear a day earlier and I was not enjoying anything that night. I am glad I didn't have to wait long. The other person could do with some prayer too, that things will turn out for them.

I got back into the swing of things with my reading. I heard some parrots outside.
Heavenly Blessings by June Dudley
Heavenly Blessings

Comments

Dorothy said…
What a beautiful post! We all have much to be thankful for. God loves to hear our thanks and praise! It is its own blessing to have a thankful heart!
Hi Linda, I just read that you have an award for me. This is awfully kind of you. Thank you.

May your walls know joy,
May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility.
Caroline said…
I am so glad to hear your DH job is safe. It must be a weight lifted off your shoulders I know it has been a bother to you for a while. Some times I think we just have to have faith that everything will turn out how it should in the end.
Unknown said…
That is good news for you all. Will certainly say a little prayer for the volunteer.

You should buy rechargeable batteries for that camera initially they are expensive but they last really well.

daisymum
DeniseinVA said…
I'm really happy to hear your husband's job is safe and will say a prayer that it remains so, and also for the gentleman you mentioned. You've had a good week in so many ways. Great post!
Jennifer said…
God is faithful and He is our provider! How amazing is that? Even after all these years...He still amazes me.

I'm so glad to hear that you husband's job is safe. PTL!

Happy TT from Arkansas :)
i said…
Glad to hear all is well. We have a lot to be thankful for!
Anonymous said…
Wow.. we all indeed have so many things to be thankful about. Bless your generous heart.

My entry is here. Hope you can stop by, too! Thanks!
Denise said…
Praise God for watching over your husbands job.
LAURIE said…
What a great week of praise! I am glad to hear your husbands job is safe - God supplies all of our needs! Happy TT! -Blessings, Laurie
Unknown said…
Hi Linda,

I loved being part of your life this week. I think it is need to name out something for each day. The wood, tires, camera. Neat. Have a wonderful TT.
Joolz said…
Hey Linda,
So pleased to hear that the job situation is safe. Phew!
Loved your Thankful post. I am thankful at the moment that B15 is cooking dinner. Lamb Souvlaki and Peach puffs no less! Inspiration from Home-Ec class. He he!
We have survived exam week with K17 completing her Geography exam this morning. She said it went OK which is more than she can say for Chemistry yesterday! Ah well, it's all over now so let's relax and unwind.

Cheers - Joolz
Linda said…
Hi Joolz. I have souvlaki bread in the freezer, found it in a shop somewhere and it is in the freezer, have been guarding it from being eaten for afternoon tea.

Our last VCE exam was today. We had a mixed bag too.

DD15 is doing hospitality next year, I think they do it after school and have a little community restaurant going. She does her normal Year 10 during the day.

Lamb Souvlaki sounds very impressive.

This morning Caroline I felt still in shock from memory. I have started to move on and partly said goodbye to the town in my mind. We had plans in place to hit the ground running. Slowly over the day I have felt better.
Grammy said…
This is a wonderful post.
Thank you.
Laurie Ann said…
Blessings surround us every day, we need only to keep our eyes and hearts open to receive them, don't we? I so enjoyed reading your list, and hope you have a happy Thankful Thursday!
Bonnie said…
What a wonderful post! I love how you looked at each day and had something in it every time. What a wonderful way to be present in your life. So many of us spend time in a blur!!! Blessings.
Anonymous said…
What a great post, I love your daily thankfulness.

Happy TT from Texas.
Cheryl said…
We have so much to be thankful for. Great thankful post. Glad to hear that your husbands job is safe. Happy Thankful Thursday~
Anonymous said…
How wonderful that your husband's job is secure. I enjoyed reading your post and the many things that you're thankful for.
Tania said…
Lovely post Linda, so much to be thankful for.

I had been wondering how your husbands job was going. That is good news that he has it for a while longer, you can breathe a little easier for the time being.

Tania

Popular Posts