Thankful Thursday ~ December 18


Thursday:
I attended my first Grade six graduation for my middle daughter. My daughter went to her friend's house to get dressed and they came back looking lovely. It made my day. I was pleased that I made the sacrifice to buy nice clothes earlier on in the year.

Friday: I got three Lauraine Snelling books from the library from the Return to Red River series.

Saturday: I had a nice drive around in my son and his girlfriend's car. It was green around here, and cloudy so a little like driving around a leafy suburb.

Sunday: We got some weeding done despite the rain at the new house. Visitors got home safely and enjoyed their drive.

Monday: I was checking out my new garden and found some very tall feverfew. I haven't grown it for years and was happy at how well it grew, and blessed by its happy flowers.

The kids helped me make tea or rather with the dishwasher and things. I wanted to make sure I didn't get too run down and get sick too. I have still been waking with asthma problems. The nights are quite cool.

Tuesday: It was handy that today our extra money came from the government and I could afford to have a special fish n' chip tea/dinner. Hubby was not feeling well, he should have been home sick. I am still thankful that I am not sick and hope to drive the kids to their dental appointments which are over two hours away and also free up to $150. It is part of a teenage plan the government has just introduced. The government gave out this money to lots of people and everyone got it in these two weeks.

Our little girl put up a small Christmas tree and it looks beautiful by the front door.

Our eldest daughter got accepted into a course during the evening at school to learn to run a restaurant, it is called Hospitality. The first year they serve, and the next year they cook. Hopefully it doesn't interfere too much with her normal study which will be Year 10.

Wednesday:

Today I got my jobs done. I got the Clarks shoes for my little girl. They are well fitting shoes, that are for growing feet. There is only one shop I know that I get what I want. Though there weren't lots to choose from, but she likes them a lot.

I was able to do this large trip to my hometown because miraculously I was the only one in my family that didn't get the viral gastro. If I don't get it tomorrow it probably means I escaped, unless I get it from someone else. I am so glad I could take the kids to the dentist on the teen plan and get the things we needed. I got the Christmas dress for my youngest daughter, had a much needed and hard to come by first bra fitting for my middle daughter.

Our middle son reminded me that we had borrowed money from him, so he got his money and bought wii fit. They also bought two kazoos and played them on the way home.

I am also blessed that we made it all safely home and that the weather was kind and made things comfortable. I got a country music CD so I will be happy with that for awhile. I had a lovely time looking at an historical town and my hometown that have new shops. Will post photos during the week.

My daughter got a hard case for her ds so it doesn't get sat on again. For anyone who hasn't seen one, they are great, they have a net for keeping games and a cloth.


Christmas Blessings
Christmas Blessings

Comments

Dorothy said…
Good afternoon,
I enjoyed reading the diary of your daily activities! It's cold and rainy here so it's nice to read about flowers and weeding, etc. Wishing you a Happy Christmas season!
The Old Dairy said…
I always enjoy your thankfull Thursdays. Sounds like you had alot to be thankful for this week.I hope you stay well and healthy take things a little easy for a couple of days...
Unknown said…
Hi Linda,

Delightful TT post. I felt like I was around your home this week. God bless you and Merry Christmas.
LAURIE said…
What a great thankful list. God is so good even in the small things. Thanks for sharing with us today on TT! -Blessings, Laurie
Denise said…
Thanks for sharing your week sweetie.
i said…
Glad you are having a good week. Happy TT & God bless!
Beth in NC said…
What a smart idea to list your thanksgiving each day of the week. I enjoyed reading the things that blessed you. God certainly is good to us -- even in the smallest ways.

Thank you for sharing!

Love,
Beth
Tammy said…
I love Lorraine Snelling's books! It sounds like you had a very blessed week & lots to be thankful for. Stay healthy and I hope your family is feeling better. Merry Christmas!
Bonnie said…
I love how you diary your week for each TT post! It feels like we're close neighbors this way and I really enjoy it! Blessings.
Laurie Ann said…
Great list of blessings and things to be thankful for! Happy Thankful Thursday and Merry Christmas!
Joyce said…
Hi, Linda,

I enjoy how you do a 'recap' of things for which you are thankful that occurred during the week. Maybe I'll copy that idea next week.

I also enjoyed your 'six quirky things.' If I'm a good girl and get lots of things done today, I'll reward myself by joining in that game. :)
Marsha said…
Lovely thankful thoughts shared here. Thank you for sharing them with us.

My son is in the field of hospitality management for a resort in the mountains of North Carolina. I hope your daughter enjoys her course.
Linda said…
Thank you Mandy. I have been to the doctor the last two days and hopefully I will feel better soon, well I think I am starting to feel better already.

Thanks Tammy, hubby was hit the hardest, I think he is nearly over it now.

Thank you Marsha.

Popular Posts