Back To Basics Challenge



I'm sorry I will have to do a short post, it is very hot inside today.

Sowing seed or Planting


I saw two punnets of six French lavender plants. We haven't planted them yet, but since it is so hot, we will pot them up and put them under a tree with an automatic watering system.

Planning for The Future - meal planning, the next seasons garden plan, working out storage plans or more long term goals and projects like plans for digging root cellars


The lavenders are working towards the future in case we want to sell our house. We were advised to grow hedges of lavender but didn't have any plants.

Working for the Future - storing food, managing stores, preserving, building that home made cob or solar oven, adding house insulation, saving for manual grain mills etc


So far we have only watered the punnets to keep them alive in the heat and put them in the shade.

Hubby has been repairing our kitchen chairs. He has one out on the verandah with clamps on it waiting for the glue to dry. They are pretty cottage chairs, apparently older than I thought.

Building Community - volunteering, donations, joining an existing community group, forming your own community group, taking a cake to a friend having a hard time, calling someone you just let drift out of your life, etc


Hubby and I went through our eldest daughter's chest of drawers and took two bags of clothes (grocery shopping bag sized) to the op-shop.

Learn a new Skill
I reacquanted myself with turning a rope so someone could skip. It was something to do in the cool of the evening.

Victorian Girls in Bonnets Skipping


Belinda's Place

Comments

Caroline said…
I love the way your hubby always helps you out so much. Like with your daughters chest of clothes. He needs bottling. You have a lovely sense of family together & I hope your health improves soon.
Caroline
Karen said…
I have an award waiting for you at my blog!
Blessings~
Karen
Scrappy quilter said…
I always enjoy reading your blog. It's always so inspiring. Dh repaired one of our chairs this afternoon as well. Gotta love those guys that can do anything.

Popular Posts