Back To Basics Challenge




Here is another pic of those lovely baby ladybirds in our self-sown sunflower. The bed had been moved from last year and this one is on the edge, in the old and new part what little overlap there is especially where last year's plant was.

Sowing seed or Planting



Mustead Lavender from Oasis in three punnets, for $4+. Actually I think I bought two punnets of that one last week, and this week it was Oasis Lavender Lady. The first one was more grey. The other plant looks like a white veronica.

Planning for The Future - meal planning, the next seasons garden plan, working out storage plans or more long term goals and projects like plans for digging root cellars
A new op-shop find, at a regional centre Salvation Army Store. Italian Ingredients. I learnt some new names for things which should help things.



We found some local straw. One bale was for the dog for the colder nights which it was last night for some reason, and the rest were for the garden at our new to us house. Below was one of the plants that benefitted from it. It is Balm of Gilead, and has an unusual smell. I think I recognise it from a house that had lots of interesting plants that I visited as a child.



Working for the Future - storing food, managing stores, preserving, building that home made cob or solar oven, adding house insulation, saving for manual grain mills etc

We may not be adding insulation just yet, but have been working in the sub-floor stopping the condensation working its way up to the level where we live.

My middle daughter found that your can order things from the K-mart website. So she put down some things she wanted for school, pencil type things, and I ordered it. Then I got a phonecall from K-mart and I paid and it got delivered very quickly. I was very happy with the things.


Building Community - volunteering, donations, joining an existing community group, forming your own community group, taking a cake to a friend having a hard time, calling someone you just let drift out of your life, etc

I visited a library in the town where I get my food. I took the girls too so they would know where it is.

Learn a new Skill

I couldn't resist taking a picture of a garlic? flower. It is much more magnificent in real life. Very large.

I have been reading a book about running Milk Bars. It is a good book.




Back to Basics Challenge.

Comments

Scrappy quilter said…
I so enjoy reading your back to basics posts. As family we are doing muchof the same - getting back to basics.
Hill upon Hill said…
Excellent that you can place an order with K Mart. I remember my sister in law alwasy had to visit KMart when she went to a bigger town.

Popular Posts