Book Reviews

I have read A Vow to Cherish by Deborah Raney and Endless Chain by Emilie Richards one after the other. They both have a theme that I have been thinking about for three years. I have mentioned it online briefly once or twice, but mostly keep it to myself.

In A Vow to Cherish a man who's wife has Alzeimers and is very unwell meets a woman. I can't remember how, but it is all innocent I think. Same in Endless Chain. The pastor meets a lady while he is engaged to someone else.

Both books explore how relationships can be started in very small ways (I wouldn't know), and not in the typical way that we may expect from reading books and watching movies, or what we think will happen. Both men in the books are Christian. Endless Chain is not a Christian book as such I don't think. But I cried reading that book.

If they were really fresh in my mind I would attempt to explain further.

I was very surprised to find that A Vow To Cherish has been made into a movie. The movie may have moved away from the simplicity of the book but you will get an idea from it what the book is like.





I am glad I read the book first.

Comments

Scrappy quilter said…
Emilie Richards is such a good author. I have read both books and enjoyed both.

Popular Posts