Happy Homemaker Monday



I found this new meme and I am trying it out, probably just to hang around Sandra's blog Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. If it fits in with the other things I do each week I will definitely do it again.

On my bedside table:
Nothing at the moment, but the library gets its books today.

On my TV:
Super Nanny USA

On the menu for tonight:
Tomato & Chipolata Hotpot

On my To Do List:
Ordering my Christmas hampers, I have been working on it, just need to finalise and call them to order. With the extra money needed to fix my car, I guess I don't want to spend money. We use the food hampers at Christmas time to cut down expenses. They are Chrisco, Castle and Hamper King.

New Recipe I tried last week:
Chili Con Carne with Vegetables it was lovely.

In the craft basket:
Nothing, but I did find the instructions I saved years ago to make hexagonal patchwork.

Looking forward to:
Having more of our new-to-us house finished, we are renovating it from the point of view that it has faults that need fixing. Gaps in walls, gaps around walls.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
I checked through all the plants in the display outside our grocery store in town that I only go to occasionally. Right at the bottom I found the lavender in the punnets. They are like flats? There were six in the punnet, rather than one in a pot. I suppose, don't suppose you know what is there until you look.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I think I liked Little Jenny Wren's post in relation to her link to the 1950s menu. I haven't read it all yet, but think it is great. Jenny plans to do something similar I think.

Favorite photo from last week:



Lesson learned the past few days:
I did something silly that really normally I would know not to do. I lay on a flat freezer cooler thingo and it burst. Am I getting like kids in the modern age? Or just tired or hassled?

On my Prayer List:
My step-brother's partner had a hard week, and my Mum's childhood friend's husband died.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
This morning I started to read a sermon based on 1 Peter 3:8-12 from a Presbyterian site.

Comments

Great thoughts and I really loved reading.... :-)
Sandra said…
I'm so glad you decided to join my meme :)

I really enjoyed reading yours and I'm going to check out Little Jenny Wren's post, I have her on my google reader :)

I'm adding you too if that is ok.

Have a wonderful day.
Linda said…
That is more than OK. Thanks for visiting Sandra and thanks.
Lara said…
Hi Linda,
I came here through Sandra's blog and enjoyed reading about you and your family.
Blessings
Lara
Linda said…
Thanks Gail and Lara.

Lara I've popped over to your blog too.

Popular Posts