Happy Homemaker Monday



On my bedside table:
I tossed two books I found in a couple of old Woman's Weekly, and now I am trying Winter Is Past, Ruth Axtell Morren.

On my TV:
Our eldest swapped some games with the kids here.

On the menu for tonight:
Pavlova. It is for Australia Day and our anniversary, next year, silver.

On my To Do List:
To write a shopping list.

New Recipe I tried last week:
Indian Beef Curry

In the craft basket:
No craft.

Looking forward to:
Cooler weather, but I haven't thought too much about it yet.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Keep food colouring bottles inside an empty clean honey tub with handle and lid. I love this picture of these bottles that you can't buy here.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
What & Why - Facial Tissue at The Narrow Path. It gave me hope that I am greener than I think, even if it is sometimes by accident, or seems that way. Out of curiousity I have a poll about tissues v hankies (or fabric handkerchiefs).

Also Teen at Gillybean.

Favorite photo from last week:
Tumbarumba

Lesson learned the past few days:
It should be not to drink my tea too quickly. I think I had complained hubby leaves it lying around to stew too long, perhaps he took me at my word.

On my Prayer List:
My blogging friend Tilly has been having trouble with a chest infection. She is expecting a baby and has a little boy and an older girl. I hope you are feeling better each day Tilly.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Faith without works is dead. James 2:20 I was worried and nearly went off the deep end as this article suggests, as I hadn't heard it for awhile.

This meme is from Sandra's blog.

Comments

Sandra said…
I loved your answers this week, I'll have to check out that indian curry YUM.
Joyce said…
Hi, Linda,
I had to look up what 'Pavlova' is; it sounds yummy!
I love the book of James, as the Lord tells us what His gift of faith produces in our lives.
Thanks for sharing. Maybe I'll try this meme sometime, too. It's sort of like Simple Woman's Daybook.
Linda said…
We cheat and use Pavlova Magic.

http://about-australia-shop.com/product_info.php/products_id/545
Loved reading your blog.. thanks for sharing your wonderful thoughts and life...

~~hugS~~
Tania said…
CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding anniversary Linda. May you have many more to celebrate.

We had lamingtons for our aussie day.

Tania
Anonymous said…
I hope you had a lovely anniversary it must be nice that it is always on a holiday.

Popular Posts