Happy Homemaker Monday


On my bedside table:
It's too hot to read. My bedroom cops the northern sun with blinds that let in a lot of light, and the lounge suite or couch (sofa) is made of material and soaks up the heat. I think I should read in the mornings.

On my TV:
I watch a little TV, couch or no. Yesterday I watched The School of Home Truths.

On the menu for tonight:
Sweet & Spicy Chicken Fried Rice

On my To Do list:
To keep working on ballet clothes, hair ties, shoes, leotards. My little girl has grown. I have a leotard coming in the mail, will see how that goes. I did intend to go to the regional centre to get a class one, but that didn't happen because of my car needing a motor. Also to continue on with my menu plan, and buy a few more food items, though with the hot weather we may still have to keep buying drinks etc.

New Recipe I tried last week:
Stir-fry Sausages I was worried it wasn't a proper recipe, but it is great.

In the craft basket:
Nothing for me, but my daughter has cut out some more quilt squares. She has a template that her Dad made, but needed him to help cut some more after trying herself. She gets some more pointers each time she tries something.

Looking forward to:
The kids coming home from school and telling me about their day. They are starting Years 2, 7, 10 and 12 today. Only my Year 10 has the same class she had before, but she starts a needlework class this week!

Homemaking Tip for this week:
My husband took some cleaning products to help our son move house. He said that Sugar Soap says on the bottle you can use it to clean out ovens. And he did. Sugar Soap is usually used to wash walls before painting and things like that.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Travelling with cloth nappies at Sticks and Stones (about cloth diapers) &

The Simplify Me series from The Simple Wife.

Favorite photo from last week:
Not many photos were taken last week, but our son rushed out to take a photo of this bird. After my last bird photos, I assure you you can see it!



Lesson learned the past few days:
To have some more compassion for the people in Melbourne who have had power cuts. I guess I am a long way removed from Melbourne these days. It doesn't help that I don't watch the news.

On my Prayer List:
I guess some of the other older people that may be suffering heat stress.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
I was taken with the book I read last week that had an evangelical theme. Winter is Past by Ruth Axtell Morren.

This meme is from Sandra's blog. It is a lovely friendly community.

Anyone looking for my usual Monday menu, will find it here.

Comments

Scrappy quilter said…
I love the meme. You are having an interesting Mon.
Thanks for the kind word and prayers.... hugs...gail
Sandra said…
Loved reading your list and thanks for the great tip on the Sugar Water :)

Popular Posts