Reflection Saturday



Well, to start with, my health started to come good about three days ago when the weather was very hot for two days. If I do cough it doesn't sounds so bad.

I haven't had a lot of time to talk to my hubby since he has been home tonight. He and our second son saw a B-double cattle truck accident after I think the driver was dealt with, the fence was down and a tree missing. It didn't sound very nice. I'm glad I wasn't there. I was brought up on a cattle farm, but I have seen two truck incidents in the last 6-8 years that I don't remember fondly.

I saw the L-plates on my husband's car, and our son must have driven part of the way home. He has just started learning how to drive. We have taken awhile to get ourselves organised with the fact that he is growing up very fast. In fact he will be grown up late next month.

Our daughter has been challenging everyone to a game of drafts. How did our seven year old daughter learn how to play draughts? I have no idea. An online game has been suggested, and school perhaps.

Do I go into all the disasters that we are trying to forget, like how come I didn't ask the girls to put away the pool and the pump or leave the dog/puppy on the chain until they did do it? Yes, well, a very bad Mummy moment and not like me I don't think. I was confused, distracted and we did have company who had plans in the making. Who's fault, I'd say mine.

The other botch up was thinking too fast, which we do all the time, about having an SMS thingo for banking. The next day, I wanted to shift $40 or so around and took one look at the SMS thingo and asked hubby to call the bank. I noticed they kindly refunded my fee.

I have felt quite positive today though. It was a good day. The girls brought me icecream, cookie batter in the bottom of the bowl, I got a call from the Post Office, probably my first ever. My husband said my gardenia is growing well and that I have a perfect rose!

I have been thinking about who I am going to award the other five Lemonade Awards to, well no conclusions yet.

I have been on ebay, yes I spent money. I also tried on my swimming togs that I haven't had on in years I think. I got to watch 4 Ingredients, the book Caroline mentioned on her blog.

I think that is enough to mention so far, probably tmi.

I hope you have a good weekend.

Please visit Doodles of Life.

Comments

Michele said…
I am glad you are feeling better... I hope it keeps on improving.
Have a good weekend, Linda.
~Michele~
(Hug)
Karen said…
Hi, Linda,
Here is a website about the Amish if you are interested:
http://amishamerica.typepad.com/amish_america/
Lots of info and lovely pictures! It is updated frequently.
Take care!
Karen
Kim said…
Sounds like you've been through it - everywhere i turn at the moment people have been ill with something (including us, right through xmas.) Take it easy and take care of yourself, you don't want a secondary infection because you've started to feel better and then over done it.
Kim xx

Popular Posts