Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY Saturday...

Outside my window... it is probably dark

I am thinking... I have a few jobs before bed

I am thankful for... hubby and son getting to the city without the fan breaking off

From the kitchen... fish and mashed potatoes

I am wearing... baggy shorts and an ebay & My Size t-shirt

I am creating... cups of tea

I am going... not far, hubby starts work next week, maybe the new library again or grocery shopping

I am reading...
Lynn Austin's Proper Pursuit

I am hoping... I enjoy this year with school for the kids and their activities

I am hearing... Blue Water High, a marathon!!

Around the house... a lovely new fan by Altise

One of my favorite things... a basket I got, actually hubby did, for Christmas on the mantlepiece

A few plans for the rest of the week:
I hope we can pick up my car from the workshop

Here is picture thought I am sharing... the flower bed that middle daughter helped to mulch recently.

Comments

Tania said…
Hello Linda,

Your garden is going to love all that mulch. What sort of straw did you use?

Thankyou for sharing what is happening in your life and I hope everything goes to plan for you.

Tania
Scrappy quilter said…
Another author I enjoy. I really liked a Proper Pursuit. Have you ever read any of Bonnie Leon's books. I'm reading the second book in her Sydney Cove series. I'm sure you'd like her. She also has a series The Queensland Chronicles. We seem to enjoy the same authors, so I thought you might enjoy her.
Linda you have a lovely flower garden; I made the picture big; Dahlias, Catmint, Cosmos and beautiful Roses, I wish I could pick a bunch!
JGH said…
What a pretty garden, Linda. I love the different colored foliage and it looks like it would be pretty fragrant, too.
Linda said…
Hi Tania, they think it was wheat straw.

Hi scrappy quilter. Thanks for the suggest, I tried our library but they didn't have it, which sometimes happens with the books I hope to read.

The roses are lovely, I am lucky the house had some lovely modern roses, that we moved into that spot. The garden has a couple of salvias and a nice sunflower that had fallen down in the storm, but it should be OK. I enjoyed being around that garden the other day, it is new, so deemed a success.
Joyce said…
Hi, Linda,
I enjoyed your daybook, especially the picture of your garden.
I'll see if I can find a copy of Proper Pursuit, since I'm between books now. :)

Popular Posts