Thankful Thursday ~ January 29


The theme for this week is security.

Thursday ~ No trees came down near our house, and the girls got safely back from the pool during a torrent of rain and wind that brought down some trees, mostly small ones and damaged someone's verandah and one powerline. I am thankful we went to the trouble of getting some gas put in the cylinder for our BBQ, because we had to cook our meal on it.

Friday ~ The water came back from under our house, into our newly dug drain. Our current house had a tidy up. The dust storm wasn't too bad.

Saturday ~ that I didn't see that enormous spider again since this morning. Huntsman are nice usually. A slightly cooler day. I was able to make tea (Aussie for dinner) without too much trouble. The girls were helpful.

Sunday~ Hubby and our second son were able to visit an Asian food store in the city. Last time we went to the city, they were at a university open day, and we went to the Asian food store with my eldest son, and they missed out. They really enjoyed it too. The store's goal is for everyone of all nationalities to enjoy it. It is lovely. It is called The Hub.

Monday ~ I think that was the day our second son saw a pretty colourful dragonfly.

Our son made this pavlova for our anniversary. It is unusual the way he made it.



Our son had a positive role model in his brother and that was such a blessing too. He said he wanted to achieve what his brother has achieved, or lived his kind of life. He is starting his high school year again and it helps to have a goal to work towards.

Tuesday ~ We had troubles with the recipes I had chosen, hubby adapted a pork and potato meatball recipe so there was less "mucking around" on a hot day and we all enjoyed it.

Pork Patties with Gerkin Dressing

My daughter had a talk to me, and she has such peer pressure. I am thankful that she was strong and was able to say no.

Wednesday ~ My son and I heard a beautiful bird noise outside.

Serenity Found by Marla Baggetta
Please visit Iris to learn more about this meme.

Comments

Tammy said…
A lot to be thankful for...I enjoyed your thankful list! God is good!
Scrappy quilter said…
You have a lot to be thankful for. Loved the list.
Denise said…
Great blessings.
Grammy said…
I am glad every one was safe from the storm. I will try the recipe thanks. I hope you have a great week.
Lori said…
Happy anniversary! I hate spiders, with a passion so I can totally understand. So glad your family was kept safe. Enjoyed reading your list today. Have a great day.
Laurie Ann said…
So much to be thankful for! Praising God for His protection during the storm. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Popular Posts